DESCRIPTION The Accommodation Consultant (AC) will work directly with employees and senior leadership in providing Accessible Canada Act accommodations. The AC will be the primary contact for the employee as they proceed through the accommodation process. This role will have exceptional communication and organizational skills, superior attention to detail, ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment, strong analytical and critical thinking skills, along with the customer service focus that employees expect from Amazon.
• Perform accommodation reviews to ensure compliance with provincial and federal regulations, company policy and standard work to support employee requests for accommodation in safe and productive assignments
• Serve as a subject matter expert on the accommodations process as well as provincial and federal disability laws.
• Coordinate the accommodation process and provide end-to-end case management including: engaging with employee, vendors, work location and other stakeholders.
• Collaborate with Stakeholders to determine and finalize accommodation approval/denials.
• Collaborate with leave of absence case managers for return to work.
• Communicate the accommodation decision, disseminate the Job Accommodation Record (JAR) to the employee, and partner with appropriate stakeholder(s) for implementation.
• Educate employees and HR on complicated aspects of the return to work, accommodation, and complex case processes.
• Direct employees to the appropriate resource for answers on stock, benefits, pay, etc., to ensure exceptional customer experience.
• Maintain a case load of up to 120 cases. Case load will fluctuate during periods of high volume such as peak, prime day, new site launches, staffing changes, etc.
• Ability to discern when to escalate complex issues to the Sr. Accommodation Consultant.
• Maintain system records to ensure accurate and timely information/documentation.
• Provide training for employees, managers, HR and others in DLS.
• Adhere to internal SLAs and quality standards.
• Consult, coordinate and partner with our third party administrators, HR, Safety, Legal, Payroll, Benefits, Data Management team members and other departments/systems as appropriate.
• Participate in other activities, projects and other growth initiatives within the DLS program.
• Maintain regular, reliable and timely attendance.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ability to travel as appropriate (0 to 25% of the time).
This role will be required to work on site at an Amazon location. This is not considered a remote position.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • High School diploma
• 1+ years of experience managing case or providing support to employees on disability, leave of absences, human resources, or employee relations functions.
• Knowledge of federal and provincial disability laws regarding access for people with disabilities.
• Intermediate experience working with Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• General understanding of Accessible Canada Act, statutory leaves and disability policies and laws, in addition to understanding the job accommodation processes including utilization of internal resources.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university, or equivalent experience
• CRTW Qualifications (Canadian Certified Return to Work)
• Computer operating and database management skills
• Strong time management and ownership of deliverables
• Detail orientation with ability to analyze, problem solve, organize and manage multiple priorities and excellent follow up skills in a fast-paced environment
• Evidence of ability to work with all levels of business
• Evidence of ability to prioritize, manage and complete work/projects with tight deadlines.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Evidence of ability to build strong relationships and influence others while working in a cross functional environment
• Experience in providing consultation and training on disability issues
• Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and in writing
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic, growing environment with minimal direct supervision
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.