Temporary Contract Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Prairies, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary; Edmonton; Prince Albert; Saskatoon; Winnipeg
External Posting Description
Our Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Prince Albert and Winnipeg offices are currently looking for Seasonal Senior Accountants for our Accounting Services Group. Our clients need to know where they stand today. More than just a history or forecast of their finances, our clients need comprehensive solutions to complex challenges. That's why our Accounting practice goes far beyond basic bookeeping. You'll develop a deep understanding of specific business sectors so you can anticipate issues that will affect your clients. The result? Value-added service that ensures your clients can meet challenges and take advantage of opportunities.
A career in Accounting will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field
- Develop solutions through debate and discussion, in our teams and with clients
- Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
- Work with high profile clients on a variety of Canadian engagements
As an accountant you will:
- Provide accounting support services & prepare financial statements
- Provide solutions to our clients on current business and financial conditions
- Prepare personal, corporate, trust & partnership tax returns
- Act as a member of an engagement team
- Perform Notice to Reader and Review Engagement procedures on financial statements
At Deloitte, we recognize that work-life fit is important. That's why we're committed to giving our people the choices and flexibility they need to be at their best, and stay at their best. Deloitte will have a number of seasonal and flexible work arrangements posted in the fall for the Audit Busy Season. Individuals hired for these roles will have the opportunity to work with us for part of the year, and then take time off to pursue the things that are important to them.
These opportunities are ideal for people who want to travel, take summers off, volunteer, teach, or run their own business. We know the days of one set path to career success are over. Join Deloitte and find the flexibility to build the life you want and develop your career.
External Posting Qualifications
- Completed undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials or equivalent combination of relevant post-secondary education and hands-on experience
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Possess very good understanding of accounting principles and tax compliance and possess advanced accounting skills
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Experience performing Notice to Reader and Review Engagement procedures on financial statements
- Experience with caseware
- Available to work full-time hours during contract
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply
Posted: February 21, 2019
Closes: April 22, 2019