Accounting Administrative Support - CasualSlave Lake, AB
The Accounting Administrative Support role is responsible to assist in the accounting of financial and statistical information specifically related to general operations, local payroll, accounts payable, property management and other clerical duties as required. This is a casual role with no guaranteed hours.Qualifications:
- Ideally, the successful candidate will have completed the second level in a recognized accounting program or equivalent work related experience;
- Prior knowledge and experience in payroll & labor legislation, accounts payable and administrative assistance would be considered assets;
- Possess strong organizational, time management and communication skills;
- Exceptional customer service skills for both internal and external clients;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Ability to process transactions accurately and proficiently;
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and able to work well within a team environment;
- Flexibility to handle frequent interruptions & to meet tight deadlines;
- General knowledge in the forestry industry is considered an asset;
- Previous experience with accounting software including JD Edwards and Empower is considered an asset.
With state-of-the-art operations across Western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our mills throughout Western Canada.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. And, through our community investment strategy we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and by providing employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to make great things and build great lives.
We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!We offer:
For more information, check out our latest YouTube video!A Career With Tolko Is More Than A Job
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
It’s pride in what you do. It’s making a difference every single day, working side by side with people you respect.
Explore our opportunities, submit your application, and join a company that works for you, your family, and your community!If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will accepted at www.tolko.com until July 31, 2019.We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.