At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
As an Accounting Technician, you will be responsible for supporting the period end accounting relevant to your clients. The role provides the opportunity for much technical learning and growth. You are a business partner to each owner and management group you provide services to and will be expected to learn each client's financial position inside and out!
This role is ideal for someone who is not only tech savvy but willing to put in the time and effort to ensure a lasting positive impact on both our clients and KPMG. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- You will be part of a growing national team supporting weekly, monthly and quarterly engagements across a diverse group of industries and deliver on a variety of assignments for clients including:
- Preparation of review and compilation working paper files, including preparation of unaudited financial statements and notes in accordance with established standards
- Preparation of corporate income tax returns
- Bookkeeping to complete the files, occasionally on a monthly basis
- Reconciliation of bank balances, credit card transactions, and other transactional balances specific to the client
- Maintain relevant documentation as backup to support journal entries made in the financial statements
- Ongoing communication with clients and their representatives throughout the year
- Financial analysis as needed
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal workday or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their role. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, our approach to flexibility provides for this.
Keys to your success:
- 2-3 years' relevant work experience with exposure to a variety of industries, preferably in a multi-client environment
- Accounting/business diploma/certificate or equivalent work experience
- Experience with payroll, data entry, GSH/HST filings and experience in accounting for investments is crucial
- Strong technology/software skills including experience with TaxPrep, Sage, QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online (QBO)
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Excellent client services skills and communication with an aptitude to understand the client business and maintain strong client relationships
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professionalism in the performance of duties
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.