Activation Specialist- Western Region
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team - and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion - find out more at www.allinforequity.ca .
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
Rogers Sports and Media is looking for an Activation Specialist to assist in executing integrated campaigns that our audience and clients will love across our Radio Brands. Reporting to the Branded Content & Integrations Lead, this individual will be highly organized and have tremendous people and communications skills. In this role you will collaborate to create, plan, and execute on-air and online contests, sponsorships branded content and integration campaigns.
If you love media, making connections in the community and understand that a radio station's superpower is engaging locally and delivering positive results for clients, we encourage you to apply for this position.Please note we are looking for two activiation specialists to join our team. One must be based in Edmonton AB while the other Activation Specialist can be based in either Winnipeg MB or Vancouver BC.What you will do:
What you will bring...
- Coordinate campaigns as directed by a Branded Content & Integration Lead, ensuring all tactics are delivered and launch on time and within the expectations of our partners, along with gathering post-campaign insights
- Develop and execute promotional ideas and plans
- Support Content Directors as needed with contest setup, fulfilment and key on-site activations that enhance our brands
- Work collaboratively with Talent, Content, Revenue, and Production to execute campaigns
- Maintain project and tracking calendars
- Build proposals for internal and external clients
- Setup and lead station events and on-site activity
Here's what you can expect in return:
- Highly detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A solutions mindset and a flair for creative problem solving
- A growing understanding of media consumption trends, behaviours and branded storytelling
- Self-motivated, team player with a positive attitude and a strong desire and passion to succeed
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of all social media platforms and best use
- Real world content and contest creation experience is an asset.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Photoshop, Premiere Pro and WordPress
- Must be willing to work flexible hours
- Must hold a valid CLASS 5 driver's licence and provide driver's abstract.
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the "what" and the "how"
- Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.)
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 5915 Gateway Boulevard (218), Edmonton, AB
Travel Requirements: Up to 50%
Posting Category/Function: Marketing & Promotions / Event
Requisition ID: 257283
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work: Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media
Edmonton, AB, CA Vancouver, BC, CA Winnipeg, MB, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Technology
Information Technology Telecommunications