In 1954, an enterprising salesman named Ray Kroc discovered a small burger restaurant in California, and wrote the first page of McDonalds history. In 1967, the first McDonalds Canada opened in Richmond, B.C. and weve been growing with our communities and serving quality food at great a value ever since. Today, McDonalds Canada is proud to be one of the worlds leading foodservice retailers. From coast to coast, we serve delicious choices to more than 2.5 million people in over 1,400 locations every day. Were also more than just your local restaurant. Were hardworking small-business men and women, students working part-time, seniors getting the most out of life, and volunteers lending time to make a difference in the communities we live and work in.Our Values:
- We place the guest experience at the core of all we do.
- We are committed to our people.
- We believe in the McDonalds system.
- We operate our business ethically.
- We give back to our communities and our guests.
- We grow our business profitably.
We currently have 1 year contract position
opening in the Calgary Regional Office for the position of Administrative Assistant/Business Coordinator
The Administrative Assistant/Business Coordinator will be the first line of contact for our internal guests and vendors. We are looking for someone with an energetic can-do attitude, as well as customer service skills and strong administrative skills. This individual needs to be a business professional and enjoy working with senior leadership. This position requires dynamic calendaring and time management skills. It also requires excellent analytical and interpersonal skills and requires the ability to engage with team members at all levels of the organization.
In addition to following McDonalds policies and procedures, principle accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing administrative support to other members of the team including but not limited to Operations, Facilities, Deployment, Field Service and our Regional Vice-President. This includes but is not limited to calendar management, travel, booking all meetings, conference calls, events and project management. Administrative support during meetings will include: scheduling, coordination, materials formatting in excel, PowerPoint, Publisher or other software.
- Organizing and orchestrating business meetings and webcasts including venue, agenda, audio visual, attendees, pre-reads, dinners and events for 100+ people.
- Preparation of background information for meetings and appointments.
- Assist and coordinate special business projects as assigned.
- File, prepare and proofing of all communication.
- Updating and creating Excel spreadsheets, Word documents and PowerPoint slides.
- Preparing, editing & printing communication memos, reports and other information as required.
- Welcoming all visitors to the office.
- Coordinating the maintenance of office phone lists and other regional data and posting this information internally.
- Answering and directing all calls through the switchboard as required and / or taking appropriate action to assist in resolving matters whenever possible
- Receive guest complaints and respond in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Several years of experience as an administrative assistant preferably with a reception/customer service background.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and the ability to adapt easily to new software programs.
- Organized and the ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure environment, while still maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Dedicated self-starter who can work independently taking initiative on appropriate tasks.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with the ability to adjust quickly to change and ambiguity.
- The ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a cross functional team.
- Strong attention to detail and timelines.
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information.
If you wish to pursue this opportunity, please send a detailed cover letter and resume to Alison Embury at email@example.com
Thank you to all that apply, however only successful candidates will be contacted.