Reporting to the Director, Information Security, the Calgary-based Administrative Assistant will support the Information Security, Operational Systems, and any other Teck Digital Systems employees based out of the Calgary Office Responsibilities:
- Calendaring Support: Assist with Calendar management and meeting requests from internal and external sources
- Office Services Support: Working with the office services team, the Administrative Assistant will support office space management, visitor registration, and meeting and event management.
- Travel Support: The Administrative Assistant will support the team with travel support, including working with travel services providers for trip planning and booking, trip coordination, and expense reporting
- Budget Management : The Administrative Assistant will manage the Information Security team's travel and training budgets and assist managers with monthly budgeting and forecasting.
- Document Support: The Administrative Assistant will assist with the assembly and editing of documents, reports, and presentations for internal and external audiences
- 5+ years experience in an administrative assistant role
- Previous financial and budget management experience
- Advanced skills in the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Interpersonal Skills and Emotional Intelligence
- Effective time management skills, effectively balancing many different tasks
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate in Spanish (written/verbal) would be a strong asset
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc, and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and the capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 percent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of personal information for recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information. Job Segment:
Secretary, Information Security, Sustainability, Coal Mining, Administrative, Technology, Energy, Mining