Do you share our passion for:
•Advocating for our customers' needs and creating a personalize experience
•Genuinely displaying humanity in every customer interaction
• Being an exceptional communicator - listen, honest and clear
•Getting things done by leveraging each other's unique talents
•Proactively adapting to meet the changing needs of our customers KEY PURPOSE:
To provide administrative assistance to the department and/or manager(s) in accordance with departmental and administrative procedures, standards and practices. Please note that this is a Full-Time Temporary position for 18-20 months, the effective start date will be October 29, 2018. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES: Administrative Support
Act as a focal point to handle queries, issues or discrepancies.
Produce, compile reports, spreadsheets, statistics, agendas, presentations, graphs, flowcharts, correspondence, lists; maintain, update databases, schedules, website content etc. utilizing common business or departmental specific software applications.
Perform a variety of job related business processing functions related to budgets, payroll time reporting, expense statements, invoices, etc., utilizing a variety of corporate systems; verify and/or monitor information for completeness, accuracy and adherence to standards; investigate variances and initiate corrective action.
Provide general office administration support such as sort and distribute mail, reports and correspondence; maintain calendar(s) and arrange meetings, conferences, travel, security, etc.; track and maintain files, records and office supplies. RESULTS OR OUTCOMES:
Queries are effectively handled and/or referred to others according to established procedures, practices and standards.
Accurate and timely preparation, production, processing and distribution of reports, documents and correspondence according to procedural requirements.
Budget variances are identified, recorded and resolved or referred to others in a timely fashion.
Files and records are current and accurate. KEY JOB REQUIREMENTS: Skills and Knowledge
Of office administration procedures and practices.
Of job related business processes to assist with budget, payroll reporting and related functions.
Of job related systems and databases.
Of common business software applications.
To operate standard office equipment. Effort
Focus on monitor and fine print data.
Produce and process information accurately and in a timely fashion.
Monitor information, identify discrepancies and initiate corrective action. Working Conditions
Normal office environment. Qualifications: IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED ON A VACANCY, YOU MUST:
• Be performing satisfactorily in your current job
• Apply by the closing date specified
• Meet any minimum requirements or restrictions specified in the job posting
• Meet the minimum time requirements in your current job or have approval from your manager to post out QUALIFICATIONS:
• Ability to investigate issues, make sound judgments and present recommendations to management.
• Ability to deal with individuals from all organizational levels, internal and external customers.
• Successful experience in an office administration function.
• Working knowledge of Personal Computer business software and/or corporate systems.
• Working knowledge of SAP.
• Good judgment in discerning priority and non-priority issues, making decisions based on logical assumptions and factual information.
• Ability to effectively compile information, analyze data and make sound judgments.
• Maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Must possess keyboarding skills.
• Must possess Personal Computer navigational skills.
• Demonstrated professional oral and written communications skills.
• Fluent in English.
• Self-motivated, work well with minimal or no direct supervision.
• Ability to effectively handle both favourable and unfavourable customer interactions.
• Demonstrated ability to identify problems and situations, take appropriate action, implement solutions or escalate as required.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and collaboratively with other departments.
• Maintain a high level of performance under the pressure of time constraints and a fast-paced changing environment.
• Demonstrated ability in planning and organizing to meet scheduled deadlines.
• Commit to continuous learning. Demonstrate the ability to learn and apply learned skills to related situations and complete and pass all related exams.
• Must meet applicable testing requirements. Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.