Administrator, People and Culture
Reference ID: 338544
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place!
Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
The Administrator, People and Culture is a full time position from Monday - Friday 0900-1700. This individual will be providing oversight to our Red Deer Branch with all Human Resources support which ranges from recruitment, employee onboarding and compliance to participating in project implementation and advising on HR strategy. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: online and other recruitment campaigns, interviewing, organizing pre-employment training, and proactively recruiting out in the field. The administrator will work closely with the Branch Manager advising on current and upcoming legislation to ensure that we are following best practices in order to provide the utmost service possible to our greatest resource, our people.
Job Skills / Requirements
• Support senior management in developing HR solutions and strategies to address ongoing issues for the Red Deer Branch
• Proactively sourcing talent outside of the office (may include some travel) by organizing the company's participation in various recruitment events, including liaising with employment agencies, education institutes, community policing centres and any other applicable organizations to build recruitment partnerships
• Strategic recruitment and succession planning based on business needs and effectively plan for transitions, promotions, retirements and resignations for all levels of employees
• Document information regarding all applicants in our internal applicant tracking system
• Complete first interviews with candidates who have successfully completed the application process and phone interview, putting forward successful candidates to the management team
• Deliver our new employee orientation, conducting it in a way that fosters a positive corporate culture toward Company goals
• Assist with employee relations and communication; participate and help facilitate company-wide community involvement
• Responsible for entering and maintaining HR spreadsheets for the purpose of tracking hires, separations, and all other HR required metrics in line with corporate initiatives
• Responsible for monthly submissions to the Solicitor General regarding employee on and off boarding as well as weekly security license submissions
• Ensure consistent application of human resources policies, directives and procedures aligned with branch directives and applicable legislation
• Responsible for ensuring overall branch compliance is maintained such as employment files accuracy, training certifications, security license compliance, etc.
• Works with the corporate OHS team on all WCB claims and near misses, while also preparing the incident list for the monthly safety talk
• Process all hourly separations via the OTRS and cancelling all access as required
• Completes hourly employee verifications including writing employment letters
• Administer disciplines (hourly), performance management and employee engagement programs jointly with Regional Manager, People and Culture
• Collect and submit monthly employee awards for our internal magazine known as the "Paladin Pipeline"
• Manage petty cash
• Additional tasks and duties as requested.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Education And Experience:
• Diploma/degree in Human Resources or equivalent
• Minimum 3-5+ years' experience in a full cycle Human Resources role ideally focused on the security, healthcare, or related industry
• CPHR designation would be an asset but is not required
Functional Skill and Ability Requirements:
• Proven ability to embrace change and adversity in a rapidly growing and changing environment
• Proven maturity with the ability to self-start and is a "go-getter"
• High discretion and confidentiality
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Results driven with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment with a proven ability to multitask and accommodate short notice changes while working with constant interruptions
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook
• Knowledge and understanding of Employment Standards Legislation and Human Rights Legislation
Knowledgeable and Proficient in:
• Provincial Employment Law and current legislation related to employment practices
• HR theories and practices to optimize business unit recruitment and retention goals
• Strategic recruiting techniques
• Strategic training and development techniques
• Understanding of workforce planning and forecasting needs
Additional Information / Benefits
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply online at www.paladinsecurity.com/careers addressing the cover letter to Rachel Paul Team Lead, People and Culture and Michael Cooper, Branch Manager. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation, Long Term Disability
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Operations Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Relocation is not provided and travel is required occasionally
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Posted: March 15, 2019
Closes: May 14, 2019