March 28, 2019
Reporting to the Supervisor, Indigenous Relations, the Advisor, Indigenous Relations is responsible for the planning and implementation of Indigenous community relations programs, and relationship management activities. The Advisor, Indigenous Relations will also play an important role in ensuring Teck Energy's 14 Participation Agreements ("Agreements") are implemented in a manner consistent with the spirit and intent of each agreement. This position will require frequent travel to Indigenous communities in northern Alberta. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Plan and participate in regulatory consultations with Indigenous and public stakeholders for Teck Energy's Projects
- Develop document and record management plans, and maintain community engagement and regulatory records
- Participate in the development and implementation of community investment and local business development plans
- Develop and implement Participation Agreement tracking systems and practices
- Lead the coordination of Teck's participation in various Agreement committees and sub-committees
- Track annual Agreement implementation budgets
- Represent Teck in a variety of settings and with Indigenous communities, stakeholders, and regulatory authorities
- Develop and maintain mutually respectful and trusting relationships with local Indigenous communities and stakeholders
- Perform other related duties as required
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a related field
- Minimum five years' of demonstrated expertise in community relations or related experience
- Strong understanding of effective community relations and best practices and trends
- Understanding of Indigenous culture, history, protocol, and issues faced by Indigenous peoples
- Understanding of legal and regulatory context and requirements of energy projects as well as policy as it applies to Indigenous consultation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, project management, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated capability to build trust and personal credibility
- Ability to be flexible, work independently, and handle multiple priorities
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
#LI-MB1 Job Segment:
Law, Social Media, Business Development, Sustainability, Legal, Marketing, Sales, Mining, Energy
- Apply Now
- Apply with LinkedIn
- Please wait...