Company: Finning CanadaPosting End Date:
Aug 03, 2019Number of Openings:
The Aftermarket Product Manager is an integral part of the Finning Aftermarket team, responsible for driving growth in market share for Caterpillar in Construction Industries. This interdisciplinary role is accountable for the commercial success and market share growth for Caterpillar parts.
The Product Manager will ensure Finning's readiness to market, sell, deliver, and support Aftermarket products by working with and coordinating regional marketing, sales, operations, and customer support teams in all regions. This includes the project management of commercial programs and initiatives, and working with the regions to ensure our customers receive the full benefit of the solution: driving improvements in safety, productivity, and operating cost savings. Job Description:
Major Job Functions:(40%)
Lead and oversee the GTM strategy and plan for assigned products and solutions. This includes but not limited to:
- driving product marketing plans
- defining and executing business development strategy
- planning and coordinating the roll-out of product training
- defining and ensuring implementation of customer activation, on-boarding, support and success processes
- revenue & GP management for assigned products and solutions
Work in partnership with the product and technical teams to ensure customer feedback and insights from the regions and the sales force are fed back into product development.(20%)
Participate in business development / sales calls in order to support sales teams with solutions under scope (and bringing in product teams if needed).(10%)
Develop a sound knowledge of the industry, customer pain points, the competitive environment and trends, and the effect on the Finning Performance Solutions business.
- This role requires a challenging collection of skills, making the ideal candidate for this position an interdisciplinary blend of the following:
- Customer communication skills. Work in partnership with the product and technical teams to ensure customer feedback and insights from the regions and the sales force are fed back into product development.
- Sales and business development skills. As need, be a significant contributor to customer sales calls where a digital solution is part of the solution being proposed to a customer. As such, this role requires the ability to plan effectively for sales meetings, to be comfortable and inquisitive with the customer to zero in on their unsolved business problems.
- Marketing skills. Must have working knowledge of marketing, being able to plan and facilitate the definition of a product marketing plan including segmentation of customers, value proposition design, promotional plans, etc.
- Program management and change management skills. This role requires oversight of a complex global set of activities which requires detailed management, governance, and communication. In addition, because this role causes change to occur through the global organization, some experience and knowledge of change management is essential.
- The ability to lead by influence. In order to accomplish this role's objectives, the individual must develop and leverage trust and credibility with regional leaders, in order to advance the role's objectives. This is innately a skill that some people appear to have, while others are only comfortable leading through authority.
- Knowledge of Heavy Equipment, Construction, Mining or Power Systems is an asset.
- Knowledge of Marketing including the ability to create execute product marketing plans.
- Knowledge of GTM elements and how to effectively execute those elements.
- Knowledge of Program Management and Change Management
- Accountable for the overall financial performance and commercial success of assigned products in the marketplace.For assigned products, accountability for all GTM activities including ensuring each region is ready to market, sell, deliver, and support new digital products.
- Empowerment to make the majority of GTM decisions, although this must be balanced with leading by influence and will require heavy consultation and collaboration with regional leaders to ensure regional buy-in. In addition, there are some decisions which will require Executive Committee input, in which case this role is charged with driving those decisions to an outcome by facilitating executive discussions.
- This role is ultimately accountable for driving the completion of GTM activities and adoption of the products they support.
Education & Experience:
- At least 7+ years' experience in launching and managing products and services ideally to a global marketplace
- Technical and/or Parts experience is an asset
- Degree in Commerce, Marketing and/or Business Administration; an MBA is an asset
- Ability to demonstrate results in marketing or sales operations, understanding deeply how to capture the attention of internal sales teams and external channel partners and customers
- Expert persuasion skills and the ability to captivate a room when delivering presentations and product demonstrations, regardless of the seniority of the audience
- Self-driven, tenacious, and optimistic - infusing everyone in the office with energy, passion, and positivity
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.