Permanent Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
External Posting Description Lean/Agile Transformation, Senior Consultant
Our transformation approach is based on a feedback driven co-creative working style where we partner with our clients to design, implement, train and coach their organization in a new way of working. Each of our professionals is a strategic thinker with a passion for helping organizations innovate on the way they work. Our measure of success is our ability to ask our clients the tough questions, challenge them towards making real sustainable change and help them achieve it by working on the ground with them.
As trusted advisors to many leading organizations, we are a market leader in the Lean/Agile IT Transformation space. Our key clients span across public sector, consumer business, insurance and banking industry segments.
We are looking to add to our successful team and are seeking an experienced Senior Consultant to join our team.
Key Role & Responsibilities:
•Focused on providing IT Transformation advisory, design and organizational change through a mix of SDLC design, team leadership and agile coaching
•Extending the existing Deloitte LEAN framework and SDLC methods fitted to specific client context
•Innovating on our current thinking and bringing in new approaches to changing how organizations and teams deliver software and systems
•Guide and contribute to the development of LEAN project deliverables.
•Lead day-to-day pilot SDLC implementations with clients and provide a diverse set of agile coaching services ranging from project management, requirements, design, development, testing and support
•Leverage a wide range of consulting tools to varying client situations.
•Conduct consultations with stakeholders including client IT managers, team leads and other delivery staff
•Develop proposals and participate in sales/business development efforts within the Technology Consulting practice.
•Contribute to knowledge management within our Technology Consulting practice.
As a Senior Consultant you will:
•Work in a collaborative team analyzing often ambiguous client issues and developing creative solutions
•Facilitate information gathering workshops (ie: story mapping, opportunity canvas)
•Author presentations and present findings to clients
•Mentor junior staff and manage parts of client engagements
•Prioritize objectives and contribute to project planning and status reporting
External Posting Qualifications
- Required Experience and Educational Background:
- Engineering or Computer Science background preferred with preference to those with an MBA or MSc (or equivalent)
- Consulting experience from a globally recognized consulting firm
- Experience as a technical lead within a large scale delivery project
- Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency with applying different SDLC methods including Agile, Scrum, XP, RUP and Kanban
- Strong understanding of solution architecture, design patterns and design modeling
- Experience with project management methodologies
- Advanced knowledge/experience with Microsoft Professional Suite (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project required.
- Experience with analysis of IT processes, re-engineering of processes to improve efficiency and quality
- Proven knowledge transfer/training/leadership skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills: both written and verbal are required.
Other Required Attributes:
- Strong problem-solving skills - ability to take a process perspective and apply structured thinking in solving problems.
- Solid understanding of IT organizations and specific challenges and issues.
- Ability to commit to a potentially high level of travel
- Subject matter expertise in any of Energy and Resources, Insurance, Banking, Consumer Business or Public Sector industries
- Presence in the Agile community
A career in Consulting will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field
- Develop solutions through debate and discussion, in our teams and with clients
- Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
- Work with high profile clients on a variety of Canadian and international engagements
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply