Infrastructure Advisory (IA) is a specialty practice within EY's Transaction Advisory Services service line. We advise through the full lifecycle of core infrastructure projects and public-private partnerships across Canada and globally. We advise across asset classes including transportation (e.g., transit, highways, airports), healthcare, environmental (e.g., waste), energy, mining, social infrastructure, schools, and municipal facilities.
In Calgary you will joining a team advising at the forefront of some of the largest and highest profile Canadian and local projects including the Calgary Cancer Centre, the New Edmonton Hospital Project, the City of Edmonton's LRT Network Extension Projects (multiple), Calgary Olympic Bid Financial Advisory, Calgary Stampede Convention Centre Expansion, Regina Bypass (SK), Eglinton Crosstown LRT (ON), Hurontario LRT (ON), Metrolinx Regional Express Rail (ON), Highway 407 (ON), Montreal Concert Hall (QC), BC Children's and Women's Hospital, BC Hydro's John Hart Generating Station Replacement Project.
Our practice is trusted by public sector ministries and agencies, as well as by private sector bidders, for its expertise in financing, structuring, modeling and management of procurement processes, as well as for advising through the full infrastructure lifecycle. We have been named the P3 Awards 'Americas Financial Advisor of the Year' for a second year in a row.
The IA team is experiencing rapid growth and is expanding its team of professionals across Canada, including Edmonton. Responsibilities:
We are looking for a strong internal candidate to join our IA team as an Analyst / Associate. The successful candidate will work closely with and be mentored by experienced infrastructure professionals in Calgary and Edmonton. This position will be based in Calgary, but will support projects across Alberta and the Prairies. Some regional travel can be expected.
We are looking for a team member who:
• Is seeking a dynamic role with a mix of technical and soft skills Qualifications:
• Is motivated and energized by participating in projects involving development of critical national infrastructure assets that have a tangible and lasting impact on society
• Will prepare drafts of reports and presentations for client meetings, and can communicate complex analyses clearly
• Will research accounting, tax and financial market information to be used in modelling, scenario analysis and negotiation support
• Will undertake quantitative and qualitative analysis, including the construction of highly complex financial models
• Will manage and execute on multiple assignments with an exceptional standard of performance
• Will support the strategic planning for and drafting of proposals
• Will collaborate with other team members in identifying and exploring potential new business opportunities
• Undergraduate degree required
• Working knowledge of the Canadian and International Finance and Accounting concepts and principles - CPA not required
• Working knowledge of Canadian debt financing and capital markets; and/or global infrastructure and project financing markets
• Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills
• Strong project management skills and ability to structure work
• Extremely strong spreadsheet and computer skills
• Understanding of key business and market drivers as they relate to government and private sector industries
The successful candidate for this position will enjoy working with a market leading team in the Infrastructure financing and advisory industry, and work on the redevelopment of Canada's core infrastructure. EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: December 13, 2018
Closes: February 11, 2019