Analyst – Infrastructure Advisory
Reference ID: EDM000BY
Running a business is all about making intelligent decisions, powered by accurate information. As an Infrastructure Advisory Analyst you'll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. When you join our industry-leading team, you'll be right at the heart of that challenge, working with leading business tools and methodologies to provide to some of the most sophisticated clients around.
EY has an established industry leading Transaction Advisory Services Practice. We help clients determine the right deal to do, and then assist them in doing the deal right. We are a growing practice that has the resources to serve any client, anywhere in the world. With so many offerings, you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a friendly, collaborative environment through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
In Edmonton you will joining a team advising at the forefront of some of the largest and highest profile Canadian and local projects including the Calgary Cancer Centre, the New Edmonton Hospital Project, the City of Edmonton's aLRT Network Extension Projects (multiple), Calgary Olympic Bid Financial Advisory, Calgary Stampede Convention Centre Expansion, Regina Bypass (SK), Eglinton Crosstown LRT (ON), Hurontario LRT (ON), Metrolinx Regional Express Rail (ON), Highway 407 (ON), Montreal Concert Hall (QC), BC Children's and Women's Hospital, BC Hydro's John Hart Generating Station Replacement Project.
Our practice is trusted by public sector ministries and agencies, as well as by private sector bidders, for its expertise in financing, structuring, modeling and management of procurement processes, as well as for advising through the full infrastructure lifecycle. We have been named the P3 Awards 'Americas Financial Advisor of the Year' for a second year in a row.
Your key responsibilities
As an analyst, you have the opportunity to work within our TAS specialty practice Infrastructure Advisory. You will have an integral role that involves working closely with other members of the rapidly growing national Infrastructure Advisory team to execute a variety of engagements related to the planning, development, delivery and operations of major infrastructure projects. This position will be based in Edmonton, but will support projects across Alberta and the Prairies. Some regional travel can be expected.
Skills and attributes for success
• Prepare drafts of reports and presentations for client meetings, and can communicate complex analyses clearly
• Research accounting, tax and financial market information to be used in modelling, scenario analysis and negotiation support
• Undertake quantitative and qualitative analysis, including the construction of highly complex financial models
• Manage and execute on multiple assignments with an exceptional standard of performance
• Support the strategic planning for and drafting of proposals
• Will collaborate with other team members in identifying and exploring potential new business opportunities
To qualify for the role you must have
• 2+ years of related work experience, with experience in commercial, financial and strategic analysis (financial modelling experience an asset)
• Undergraduate degree required
• Working knowledge of the Canadian and International Finance and Accounting concepts and principles - CPA not required
• Working knowledge of Canadian debt financing and capital markets; and/or global infrastructure and project financing markets
• Understanding of key business and market drivers as they relate to government and private sector industries
Ideally, you'll also have
• Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills
• Strong project management skills and ability to structure work
• Extremely strong spreadsheet and computer skills
• Enthusiastic, energetic attitude and a team player
• Team oriented, collaborative, respectful, positive, flexible style and a strong work ethic.
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for Transactional Advisory Services and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients goals.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: December 14, 2018
Closes: February 12, 2019