July 18, 2019
Reporting to the Manager, Enterprise Ax Systems, the Analytics Developer, Business Intelligence is responsible for the effective provisioning of data analytical capabilities using the Microsoft tool set. The process for the specification and development of these capabilities is an iterative process and is critical for Teck to maximize the value of data, which is collected through a variety of applications.Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts, and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed solution
- Develop technical specifications based on business requirements
- Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations
- Incorporate security requirements into design
- Provide input to information data and flow
- Understand and comply with System Development Life Cycle methodology
- Adhere to I/S control policies throughout design, development, and testing
- Document the detailed application specifications
- Translate technical specifications into application modules
- Perform unit and integration testing
- Identify and troubleshoot application code-related issues
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Minimum five years' experience in building various BI solutions
- Ability to understand a relational database schema and specify data extraction packages
- Expert level knowledge in writing efficient SQL statements for extracting data from relational databases
- Skills to build consolidated data marts using SQL Server Integration Services to extract, transform, and load business-critical information into SQL Server databases from disparate sources
- Ability to develop and maintain Extract, Transform, and Loading (ETL) processes
- Ability to specify, develop, and extend current data warehouse(s) builds using a star schema
- Experience creating data analytical capabilities by using SQL Server OLAP, SSIS (SQL Integration Services), SSAS and Cubes
- Ability to design, develop, and deploy multidimensional cubes and cloud based solutions
- Experience with development and training tools such as SSRS, SSIS, SSAS (OLAP & Tabular), Excel Services (Power Pivot), Power BI
- Deep level understanding in writing MDX / DAX for design and reporting purposes
- Experience in dashboards and KPI development
- Ability to comprehend business drivers and challenges faced by clients
- Ability to proficiently deal with multiple competing priorities
- Strong critical thinker with an aptitude for problem solving
- Effective verbal communication skills including the ability to explain technical concerts to lay clients
- Personable and interacts in a cordial manner, effective results-driven team and cross-team player
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
#LI-MB1 Job Segment:
Business Intelligence, Data Analyst, Analytics, Social Media, Computer Science, Technology, Data, Management, Marketing