At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
660News in Calgary is looking for a part time anchor/ reporter to join our news team.
- Present the news in an entertaining and authoritative manner.
- Assemble newscasts and rewrite content with creativity and flair.
- Make sure the news we air is factual.
- Understand the News Vision.
- Be able to write entertaining teases that will keep audiences tuned through commercials
- Be able to operate the board to make sure the product is presented with as few miscues as possible.
- Be available for reporting duties
- Be available to cover other shifts when deemed necessary by the News Director or Editor on duty.
- Generate interesting story ideas on a daily basis.
- Regular posts to website and social media
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Be a team leader and a team player with a positive attitude
- This position does involve working weekends and statutory holidays.
- Must be willing to work at least 21 hours per week.
- You must have a valid Class 5 Driver's License with no restrictions.
- Be familiar with online publishing and social media platforms
A demo of your on-air work is required. Please note due to system limitation, you will not be able to attach your demo to your application. Please upload a demo on YouTube and send the YouTube link to Cindy White, Managing Editor, at Cindy.White@rci.rogers.com
. Due to the sheer size of the files, do not send demos directly to Cindy White or to the rogersrecruiting.com inbox. Schedule:
Part time Shift:
Variable Length of Contract:
No Selection Work Location:
535 7th Avenue Sout West (811), Calgary, AB Travel Requirements:
Up to 10% Posting Category/Function:
Broadcasting & News Requisition ID:
136683 Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com
to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]] || [[country]] || AB || Calgary || [[mfield2]] ||
Posted: February 14, 2019
Closes: April 15, 2019