Announcer/ Music Director
Are you ready to take your career to new heights and be a part of a dynamic team at Rogers Sports & Media? We believe in creativity, innovation, and collaboration in everything we do, and we are looking for people who share this mindset to join us. With a monthly reach of 30 million Canadians, you can help shape the future of sports, news, e-commerce, and entertainment. At Rogers, we value diversity and inclusivity and believe that every voice matters. Join us today and be a part of a team that is redefining the future of media.
We're looking for a multi-talented broadcaster to be an afternoon drive announcer on 97.9 Rock - Fort McMurray (2pm-7pm MST).
You'll need to be passionate about the Rock music format and creating content, a team player, someone who can network and keep a finger on the pulse of Fort McMurray and the Municipality of Wood Buffalo, be organised, and able to hold your own in front of a microphone.
97.9 Rock is the heritage radio station in this market - this is your opportunity to join a station that's been an important part of daily life in the region for a very long time - come and be a part of our team. What you will do...
What you bring...
- Host a daily on-air show full of relevant and compelling content for our target audience.
- Prepare, produce and perform an entertaining show that fits our brand values.
- Support the ideation of content for 97.9 Rock.
- Attend remote and promotional appearances.
- Create content and look for creative ways to communicate with the audience on social platforms.
- Brainstorm with the promotions team to come up with compelling concepts that satisfy the interests of the customer, the audience, and our brand.
- Deliver great voice work for our commercial producers & passionate about supporting our commercial initiatives.
- Voicetrack shows for other stations as necessary & directed.
- Be a communicator who's comfortable getting in front of a mic and being real & open.
Here's what you can expect in return:
- Experience communicating with an audience.
- Creativity to generate ideas to contribute to the team.
- Openness to feedback and guidance. You know there's always another level to reach.
- Experience with Wide Orbit Automation, Vox Pro, Music Master, Adobe Audition and Word Press, or a willingness to learn it quickly.
- Eagerness to learn; you'll receive support and growth opportunities to build your career with us.
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets.
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers.
- A team that trusts and wants to win together.
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the "what" and the "how"
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 9912 Franklin Avenue (219), Fort McMurray, AB
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & On-Air Talent
Requisition ID: 297102
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes:Rogers Sports & Media
Fort McMurray, AB, CA Grande Prairie, AB, CA Calgary, AB, CA Edmonton, AB, CA Regina, SK, CA Lethbridge, AB, CA Red Deer, AB, CA Saskatoon, SK, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Manager, Equity, Management, Finance
Apply now »
Other Management and Executive