Finning CanadaNumber of Openings:
Join the Finning Canada family, part of the world's largest Caterpillar dealer. We are currently looking for a dedicated Heavy Duty Mechanic Apprentice who will be responsible for the troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of a variety of Caterpillar products, based out of the Finning Edmonton General Line location.
This position will work a Monday to Friday, 5x2 shift rotation. If you are a safety conscious team player, self-motivated, autonomous, detail-oriented and have started your Heavy Equipment Technician certification, then you are exactly who we are looking for!Job Description:
- Troubleshoot and repair Caterpillar equipment
- Assist with a variety of shop repairs and diagnostics as required
- Utilize Caterpillar SIS and ET daily
- Complete technical documentation (service reports, warranty, crossover notes)
- Interact with customers, sales support, and the rest of the Finning team
- Work with the Service Supervisor and Leadhand on various tasks as required
- Must be a 3rd year heavy equipment technician
- Willing to work towards Heavy Equipment Technician Certification.
- Successfully meet Finning's educational and testing prerequisites. This includes:
- Completion of grade 12 (not including a general equivalent diploma)
- Meet the requirements of article 5.02 of the Alberta Collective Agreement
- Highly motivated and mechanically inclined
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Previous Caterpillar experience and basic computer skills
- This position is located out of the Edmonton General Line branch on a Monday-Friday, 5x2 shift rotation
- Candidate selection will be in compliance with the terms of the current collective agreement
- Any future shift changes that may occur will be made in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.