Are you looking to enter a career as a Heavy Equipment Technician? If you have a strong technical aptitude, an interest in mechanical systems and enjoy problem solving, then Finning’s ThinkBIG program is the place for you.
The ThinkBIG Heavy Equipment Service Technician Program is a partnership between Grande Prairie Regional College, Caterpillar Inc., and Finning, Caterpillar’s largest dealership worldwide.
This unique 20-month program offers students first-hand theory and technical training as a heavy equipment technician, recognized by Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training standards.
You will gain advanced technical knowledge and hands-on skills directly related to CAT equipment and upon graduation are ready to work anywhere Finning has opportunities in over 40 locations across Alberta, B.C., Saskatchewan, N.W.T and the Yukon.
This two-year diploma program includes the following:
- Both classroom and on the job training – done in 8-week rotations
- Get paid while you’re on your work term, you will be paid as a 1st year apprentice for semesters 1-4 and as a 2nd year apprentice for semester 5
- Finning will also pay your tuition, books and Apprenticeship & Industry Training (AIT) exam fees
- Exposure to a variety of types of equipment from the 797’s in the Oil Sands to Skid Steers and Mini Loaders
- High School Diploma (GED or Certificate of Achievement will not be accepted as equivalent)
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Completion of the Candidate Profile Package
- Successful completion of the Differential Aptitude Test (DAT)
- Successful Interview with the program coordinator and Finning representatives
- Physical Demands Testing (and Drug & Alcohol testing where required for site access)
- Successful completion of a criminal background check
- ThinkBIG is administered through Grande Prairie Regional College, located at the Fairview Campus in Fairview, Alberta
- Individuals must be available to attend classes on campus in Fairview, Alberta and be flexible to work in one of Finning’s locations in Western Canada
Learn more about the ThinkBIG Program, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhiSo9Qm99g or visit our website at www.finning.com
Apply today! https://finning.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Grande-Prairie-AB-CA/Apprentice-Mechanic---ThinkBIG-Program_R-2020-234
Construction, Mining and Trades