Finning Canada Number of Openings:
Join the Finning family! Finning Canada is seeking an Apprentice Parts Person - 2nd Year to join our great team supporting our client at Fort McKay. Our Finning Parts Direct team provides EXCELLENT opportunity and diversity to develop exceptional talent, and position the successful candidate into an exciting and rewarding career. As the Apprentice Parts person, you will support the BC South and Whitehorse regions, as well as provide vacation coverage within our regional locations.
Our Incentives Include:
•\tThis position supports our client site located at Fort McKay, on a 14x14 continuous shift rotation
•\tStarting Wage of $45.67 / hr
•\t12% Regional Wage Allowance
•\t$250 / year Boot Allowance
•\tComprehensive Benefit Package
•\t$1000 / month Housing Allowance (available for candidates local to Fort McMurray)
•\tCamp available for non-local candidates
During the 3-year apprenticeship, successful applicant will work closely with a Parts/Warehouse job shadow to learn all aspects of the business. Including Supply Chain/Warehousing, Procurement, Transportation, Warranty, Cores and credits and Parts Sales Front counter and Shop.
We look forward to you joining our team!Job Description:
- Shop service for orders
- Utilize CAT SIS 2.0 and other tools to determine and sell the parts our customers require to repair and maintain their equipment.
- Participate in all Employee Experience initiatives
- Active engagement of the Finning Safety Culture.
- Supporting service team
- Processing parts credits and core inspections
- Warehouse duties as required in accordance with the CBA.
- Parts pickup and Delivery
**Please note that any future shift changes that may occur will be made in accordance with the Terms & Conditions of the current Collective Agreement** Specific Skills & Knowledge:
Education & Experience:
- Successful candidate will be highly engaged self starter who wants to start a rewarding career, committed to our Team and Customers.
- Applicant will endeavor to cultivate strong customer relationships and deliver our Finning Value.
- Computer literacy is essential. Microsoft Office package knowledge is essential
- Ability to successfully work under minimal supervision
- Self motivatedand Positive attitude
- Ability to Prioritize and Multi-task
- TDG, WHMIS and forklift certification are required and training will be provided
- Previous parts, warehouse, and front counter experience
- Clean Drivers' Abstract
- Successful completion of grade 12.
- 3 - 5 years previous experience working with customer sales, parts and/or warehouse is required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Safety focused team player
- Computer proficiency with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office package. Specifically Excel, Word and Outlook
**Candidate selection will be in compliance with the Terms & Conditions of the current Collective Agreement**Union Membership
: You are required to become a member of the Union associated with this position. This will be effective immediately and will result in union dues being deducted from your pay. The terms and conditions of your employment will be governed by the collective agreement.
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.