Be part of the BMO Nesbitt Burns team! We are looking for talented people who thrive in an entrepreneurial organization. At BMO Nesbitt Burns, you'll play a key role in helping clients reach their financial goals and your dedication and professionalism will make a difference in the lives of others. BMO Nesbitt Burns offers rewarding career opportunities for those with a combination of strong analytical and interpersonal skills and who excel in a client-focused environment.
Support Private Client Divisions (PCD) strategic business objective by assisting the Branch Manager in enhancing the profitability, market share and Net Promoter Score (NPS) for a PCD Branch with a focus on recruitment, Investment Advisor Trainee and Resident Investment Advisor development. A critical part of this role is sales management, mentoring /coaching and acting as a back-up for the Branch Manager. Key Accountabilities Business Delivery and Operational Effectiveness:
• Assist the Branch Manager of a full service, retail brokerage branch with but not limited to new business development, client service, operations, communications, HR management and relationships with bank (BMO) branches. • Act as a backup for the Branch Manager on operational objectives within the branch including client complaints. • Provide direction on business planning and goal setting for the branch. Risk Management and Controls:
• Ensure proper adherence to all aspects of First Principles, Our Code of Conduct and Ethics. Follow security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence for the prevention of loss due to fraud, counterfeiting, money laundering or defalcation in accordance with Bank policy. • Protect the Banks assets by adhering to all banking, investment and lending regulations (as appropriate), all Policies and Procedures, legal and ethical requirements, process requirements, bank guidelines and established risk guidelines. • Act as a Branch Managers back up for Branch portfolio management as required. Relationship Management:
• Build and develop productive working relationships with BMO partners and ensure Investment Advisors in branch are connected with the relevant BMO partners. • Provide formal and practical professional training, including but not limited to, financial planning and investment advice principles and techniques, product knowledge and client experience. • As required, hold Investment Advisors accountable to their business plans and regularly review business plans with them. • Assist in ensuring the Branch provides a high standard of client experience. Talent Management:
• Recruit, develop and promote the best; effectively deploy talent across the organization in accordance with the strategy and business plans; recruit and source new Investment Advisors/Trainees. • Set high standards and clear expectations, hold team accountable; conduct thorough performance assessments, coach and provide candid feedback. • Support Investment Advisor Trainee mentorship and supervise Investment Advisor Trainees performance during and subsequent to their 18-month training period. • Provide development opportunities for individuals identified with upward growth potential Managerial Leadership
• Provide leadership to the Investment Advisors/Trainees, and all other direct reports within their hierarchy by setting context and direction, defining accountabilities, tasks and assignments and establishing boundaries for decision-making and approvals. • Provide leadership, direction and planning to align tasks with branch and overall organizational goals. • Establish and maintain managerial practices in order to build a high performance work environment within and across Investment Advisors. • Be a role model to all employees within their scope. • Support the Branch Manager in consistent communication of PCD strategy and messaging . Change and Innovation:
• Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of existing operational methods and workflows by identifying, recommending and implementing process improvements Knowledge and Skills
•Sales and service experience - BMO Nesbitt Burns specific experience is an asset •Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in both a written and oral manner with all types of individuals •Proven track record in developing and growing a related business preferred •Strong operational experience preferred •Knowledge of BMO Nesbitt Burns processes and procedures •Demonstrated leadership and a proven ability to implement and manage projects •Strong organizational skills •Ability to work independently with minimal direction •Approachable and adaptable •Values development of others •Supervisory/leadership capability and/or experience •Thorough knowledge on Nesbitt Burns Investment and Planning Products and Technologies to be able to support IA Trainees and new recruits Education/Experience:
•University degree •Completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and Conduct and Practices Handbook Course (CPH) •Must have all the same Proficiencies as those they are to Supervise such as Derivatives Fundamentals Course / Options Licensing and Options Supervision •Minimum of 5-10 years of work experience • Branch Manager Licensing
We're here to help.
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Posted: February 11, 2019
Closes: April 12, 2019