This is a very diverse finance & accounting role that lends itself well to someone with a versatile skill set who can be both hands-on and strategic.
Who- the Company:
Our client is a reputable and successful Real Estate Company that was established over 20 years ago. The organization has an impressive leadership team, solid reputation, and interesting history.
What- the Role:
Assistant Controller, providing support on all facets of the complex accounting & finance for a multi-entity company. The new Assistant Controller position will support numerous projects related to systems integration, workflow and business process optimization. Below are only some of the responsibilities that the new Assistant Controller will take on… but it’s not an exhaustive list and it is not a set-in-stone job profile.
- Inter-company full-cycle accounting, including financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting.
- Project reporting and ad-hoc corporate level reporting
- Cash management and treasury
- Tax compliance & tax planning
- Partnering with business leaders to provide ad-hoc analyses to support key business decisions
- Improve and optimize ERP usage to increase efficiencies
- Creating, standardizing, and maintain innovative and dynamic financial models in Excel
- Manage project cost database and analysis
Who- the Candidate:
This role has a great deal of variety and it is a crucial part of a collaborative accounting & finance team. We are seeking a high-potential and well-rounded finance professional with a track record of success in fast-paced and ever-changing environments.
We are looking for analytical individuals who are business-minded, hands-on yet strategic, and eager to learn. Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders, including executive leadership, are essential.
What- the Qualifications:
Potential candidates will have at least 5 of the following qualifications- please note the first 3 are required:
- CPA designation. Pursuit of CFA and/or MBA viewed as an asset.
- At least 8 years’ recent and relevant accounting & finance work experience- the more diverse the better.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Work experience in the real estate sector.
- Public practice training. Preferably within a multi-national firm; preferably with exposure to departments in addition to audit, such as tax, consulting, or corporate finance.
- Treasury and cash management experience.
- Corporate tax experience (tax compliance and/or tax planning).
- Solid experience with financial systems, including project work in system optimization or upgrades.
- Experience in a complex, entrepreneurial, and privately-held company with diverse business interests.
Very competitive total compensation. Please discuss further with Swim.
When & How to Apply:
Swim Recruiting has been engaged exclusively on this search. Our client is eager to meet with candidates soon. If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out very soon. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' and send us your resume.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance