Permanent Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems Are you looking for a new opportunity in technical accounting and financial reporting? Do you like working in a fast paced and challenging environment? Take a look at this exciting position!What will your typical day look like?
As an Assistant Manager in the Accounting & Advisory group, you will:
About the team
- Think critically to solve technical issues and demonstrate Deloitte's value to our clients
- Prepare and/or review complex accounting memorandums under IFRS, ASPE and U.S. GAAP
- Enhance technical knowledge, communication skills, leadership and project management skills
- Develop materials for and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnel
- Work on transactions related to disruptive events, including supporting accounting due diligence engagements as well as clients with initial public offerings, prospectus and other regulatory filings
- Review and contribute to the planning and execution of projects, including management of engagement economics
- Opportunities may arise to serve clients and / or support local office teams around the country or internationally
- Contribute to business development by leveraging your existing network, and making new connections
- Contribute to market and eminence initiatives, including development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns within the practice
- Manage and develop teams of advisory resources
Our Accounting & Reporting Advisory Team focuses on assisting our clients and internal Deloitte teams on researching, analyzing and developing technical accounting solutions, assisting companies with the adoption of new standards or GAAP frameworks, and supporting our clients with subject matter expertise through disruptive events such as acquisitions, divestitures, and IPO's. Our Calgary team is rapidly expanding and is part of a priority growth area for Deloitte - joining our team will incubate your career by developing and honing your technical accounting knowledge, expanding your internal and external networks and allows you to be a key member in the growth of our practice.
As an Assistant Manager, you would gain unique and broad experiences as you develop into a next generation leader. We are looking for professionals who are looking to join a high-performing team to contribute strong problem-solving skills, breadth of knowledge with respect to technical accounting, financial reporting, and strong inter-personal skills.Enough about us, let's talk about you
- Must have a CPA designation or equivalency and possess a minimum of 4 years relevant work experience
- Must possess strong technical accounting skills and ability to research technical accounting guidance
- Possess a working knowledge of IFRS. Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and ASPE are assets, as are knowledge of Canadian and U.S. securities regulations, and internal controls (SOX or C-SOX)
- Capacity to think about requirements from a strategic perspective (options available, pros / cons or different options)
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Problem solving (ability to "find it" and "fix it")
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 52 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Assistant Manager, Accounting, Law, Manager, Marketing Manager, Management, Finance, Legal, Marketing
Management and Executive