Title: Assistant Manager Trainee - Red Deer, AB
Requisition ID: 64663
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Assistant Manager Trainee Purpose
Leads and oversees the overall success of the Retail Sales and Customer Service teams in a Canadian Bank branch ensuring business strategies, initiatives and specific individual goals are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Accountabilities
Provide consistently excellent customer experiences and demonstrate 'Our Service Promise' by being best at the basics: Friendly, Willing to Assist, Efficient and Professional
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Contributing to the overall Net Promoter Score by identifying opportunities to enhance the customer experience by:
- Ensuring team members have a clear understanding of the branch's financial and non-financial goals
- Collaborating effectively with Branch Partners (Scotia Wealth Management, Scotia Asset Management, Commercial Group, Scotialife Financial etc.) to promote the "One Bank" initiative.
- Demonstrating and coaching to the Service Basics* during and after customer interactions and providing transaction authorizations and review as required.
Acting as main point of contact for internal support services groups, including:
- Ensuring every customer experience is consistent with Scotiabank's service standards and customer concerns are resolved quickly and efficiently, escalating to the Branch Manager and/or the Office of the President as appropriate.
- Executing sales & service management activities as outlined in the Branch Management Disciplines.
- Ensuring the Branch presents a professional image according to Bank and Brand Care requirements.
- Championing growth in customer adoption of digital banking activities and self-service channels.
- Oversee the implementation of the Bank's policies, practices, special initiatives and procedures to minimize Bank's exposure to risk by:
- Accurate and timely completion of daily and periodic monitoring activities (eg. Automated Control System (ACS) activities, Worklist Management Exceptions) to support a culture of doing it right the first time, and confirm compliance with bank policies and effective risk management is in place
- Reviewing and providing oversight of Real Estate Secured Lending (RESL) Credit Files prior to submission to Pre-Fund Review team
- Executing duties of Alternate Branch Compliance Officer (ABCO) (if designated by Manager), for the sale of Mutual Funds, ensuring branch compliance with Mutual Fund Dealers Association (MFDA) rules and regulation as well as Scotia Securities Inc. (SSI) guidelines/processes (as applicable)
- Assigning, in conjunction with the Branch Manager, position authorities for team members; arranging cover for authorizations during necessary absences.
- Monitoring and taking appropriate action on deficiencies with Branch premises, systems, equipment and supplies, including ensuring ABMs are serviced and stocked.
- Provides human resource administration support for the Branch team (eg. Submitting HORIZON maintenance, vacation management, managing Leaves of Absence etc).
- Adhering to cash, custody and security procedures and policies at all times
The Customer Contact Centre (CCC), on issues related to customer enquiries, complaints/escalations.
The Shared Services Group (SSG), who work with the Branch to support/enable sales and service to our customers (eg. Support with Customer Transactions, Investments, Fulfillment; National Collections Centre, Central Mortgage Unit, Commercial/Corporate/Small Business functions etc.).
The Centralized Accounting Unit (CAU) for Investment Platform processes that cannot be completed in Branches due to system restrictions.
Education / Experience / Other Information
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Licensed to sell mutual funds
- Satisfy accreditation requirements to act as Alternate Branch Compliance Officer
- Successful completion of the CIFP Diploma in Financial Planning (or Bank recognized equivalent) and ongoing completion of supported Continuing Education courses and activities
- Expert knowledge of sales and service management activities and techniques, including execution of the applicable Branch Management Disciplines
- Expert knowledge of applicable Branch systems (ie. Sales Builder, IntraLink, Worklist, Forms-Free Teller-FFT)
- Thorough knowledge of daily and periodic Branch routines, procedures and policies, including Branch Controls and Branch Applications is required
- Thorough knowledge of cash, custody and security processes and procedures
- Thorough understanding of Branch Controls and Branch Applications
- Thorough knowledge of retail credit risk/adjudication policies and processes
- Thorough knowledge of Mutual Funds Compliance Officer responsibilities, processes and guidelines
- Thorough knowledge of policy and procedures associated with set-up and administration of financial products, services and employee profiles
- Working knowledge of Canadian Code of Practice for Consumer Debit Card Services (Debit Card Code of Conduct)
- Working knowledge of products and services provided by the Bank's specialized sales forces and other delivery channels such as Wealth Management, The Mortgage Sales Force, Small Business Advisors etc.
- Strong PC and tablet skills are essential
- Thorough knowledge of people and performance management techniques.
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Red Deer
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Curriculum, Assistant Manager, Trainee, Bank, Banking, Education, Management, Entry Level, Finance