We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
The TELUS team is as diverse as the society we live in and the customers we serve. We're also passionate about creating success for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team. And we do so by living the TELUS values
and delivering on our Customers First commitments
Do you share our passion? Our Team Members Our customer-facing team members are TELUS' most valuable resource. You create a great experience for customers in a fun and inviting atmosphere that you are proud to be part of.
We believe that you'll find our fun and high-performance culture personally fulfilling, professionally challenging and financially rewarding. What makes you great?
• You advocate for our customers' needs and create a personalized experience The perks
• You genuinely display empathy in every customer interaction
• You are an exceptional communicator - you listen, you're honest and clear
• You can get things done by leveraging the TELUS teams unique talents
• You proactively adapt to meet the changing needs of our customers
• Competitive pay, plus store performance bonuses and incentives Position Overview The Store Manager provides leadership to the store by developing strong team members, delivering sales excellence and providing an exceptional in-store experience for customers while ensuring high operational standards for the store.
• Discounts on the coolest and newest wireless technology
• Health benefits and wellness at work, like massage therapy and fitness memberships
• TELUS pension and share purchase plan
• Learning and development opportunities to take your career to the next level
• A respectful workplace that is involved in the community
• Recognition programs and career excellence rewards
The Store Manager is accountable to ensure all activities in the store are conducted in a way that is consistent with TELUS's mission, policies and standards. This includes;
• Proactively ensuring customer experience standards and programs are in place to provide an outstanding experience that will result in long-term relationships and deliver required sales targets. Qualifications: Required Skills & Abilities:
• Hiring, developing and providing ongoing coaching and leadership to team members.
• Team building and creating excitement around products, launches, programs, and initiatives.
• Responsible for upholding our high communication and training standards amongst your team.
• Creating a fun, vibrant culture that results in high-performing and engaged team members
• Creating an exciting in-store environment for customers by consistently maintaining a high standard of marketing and merchandising standards
• Implementing in-store marketing or community involvement initiatives to grow revenue and expand awareness of TELUS's products and services
• Establishing a high level of operational excellence by implementing all policies and procedures to ensure compliance, health and safety, loss prevention, financial accuracy and reliability.
• Proven track record in delivering positive customer experiences and achieving sales targets with strong overall customer service orientation
• Demonstrated desire to pursue excellence; to create success for yourself and your team
• Passion for the latest wireless technology, lifestyle solutions and achieving great results.
• Demonstrated self-starter and proactive learner; able to teach, mentor and provide training to team members through a variety of methods
• Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to use P&L and store reports to draw insights and affect change
• Friendly, helpful and outgoing style with strong social skills Required Education & Experience:
• Minimum 2 years post-secondary education or equivalent experience
• Minimum 2-3 years' experience in retail or hospitality including time spent in a leadership role Other Requirements:
• Participation in extra-curricular sports, clubs or volunteer activities
• Required availability for evenings and weekends to meet customer requirements
• Ability to access and participate in online training from home
• Ability to travel for training and to support other locations up to 35 kms Commitment to our Values:
TELUS recognizes and embraces the importance of values in our ever-changing workplace. To be successful, all applicants must demonstrate behaviours that are reflective of our values:
• We embrace change and initiate opportunity
• We have a passion for growth
• We believe in spirited teamwork
• We have the courage to innovate
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Posted: November 16, 2017
Closes:December 24, 2017