We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description What You'll Be Doing
You'll be reporting to the Senior Manager, Business Banking, providing new and existing clients with an exceptional client experience to support CIBC's vision of being a leader in client relationships and increasing client loyalty. As an Associate Business Advisor, you'll be helping clients to meet their immediate and long term business and personal goals by understanding client needs and/or identifying opportunities to further deepen the CIBC relationship. In addition to sales, this role supports clients' day-to-day business and personal cash management needs by processing transactions, balancing cash holdings according to CIBC policies and procedures and addressing and resolving client concerns. The emphasis is on ensuring clients' business and personal-related investments, financial and credit needs are met by providing a comprehensive business banking offer or by making a formal introduction to the appropriate Imperial Service and Business Banking colleagues.
At CIBC we enable the work environment most optimal for you to thrive in your role. To successfully perform the work, you'll be on-site full-time. Details on your work arrangement (proportion of on-site and remote work) will be discussed at the time of your interview. How You'll Succeed
- Business Development: Manage, either individually or as part of a team, a portfolio of business only or mixed-client (business and personal client) connections where the focus is on deepening the client relationship and addressing both the business and personal needs of the client. Proactively engage in discussions with assigned portfolio, walk-in and other clients to understand client's immediate financial needs while identifying opportunities to address longer term financial goals
- Client Engagement: Focus on each client experience and connect on a personal level to make every interaction meaningful. You will deliver trusted advice and financial solutions to meet client needs and cultivate your network to establish new client relationships.
- Community Involvement: Proactively participate in community and banking centre events such as business development events, client acknowledgement programs and client appreciation day to build and enhance CIBC presence and gain market share. Build relationships with Centres of Influence (COIs) within the community to generate referrals to CIBC, and connect with both existing and potential clients to identify opportunities for future growth and revenue
Who You Are
- Digital Advocacy: Promote and demonstrate the use of digital banking options by introducing the client to alternative ways to bank and describe the benefits by assisting the client in using digital options such as ATM, Mobile, Online and SmartBanking
- Collaboration: Introduce clients to colleagues in Imperial Service to further deepen client relationships and support more complex personal needs and planning. Introduce clients to colleagues in Business Banking to support the business as it grows and meet the corresponding cash management and lending needs as they become increasingly more complex
- You are experienced. You have w ell-developed knowledge of retail and business products and services including investment, lending and cash management solutions.
- You're a certified professional: M utual fund license or successful completion of the Canadian Investment Funds Course by IFSE or Canadian Securities Course through CSI within 3 months of start date is required. The Certificate is Financial Services Advice (CFSA) is recommended.
- You're a strong communicator. You have well-developed interpersonal skills to establish and maintain strong relationships with clients, employees and internal/external partners
What CIBC Offers
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- You act like an owner. You thrive when you're empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- You're driven to succeed. You are motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make an impact.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
What you need to know
- At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
- We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program.
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients.
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development.
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- CIBC is committed to doing our part to protect our team, our clients and our communities. We want to ensure we have a safe and healthy workplace, and we want to do our part to get through this pandemic. In keeping with this commitment, and as a condition of employment, CIBC requires all successful candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date, or provide written proof of a medical exemption, or other substantiated accommodation request under applicable human rights legislation.
Canmore Employment Type
Customer Service and Support Other