Requisition ID: 153518
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose
Contributes to the overall success of the Commercial Real Estate Banking team, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The Associate Director is responsible for contributing to the overall success of Real Estate Banking by meeting his/her team financial and non-financial metrics and supporting the Director with the management of a portfolio of accounts.
Negotiated goals and objectives include:
- Team Financial objectives that consist of new loan acceptances, asset, revenue and deposit growth, new customer acquisition, and referrals to other departments within the Bank...
- Non-financial objectives that consist of customer service, operational effectiveness and personal development.
Managing a portfolio of accounts includes:
- Providing customized and creative financial solutions to satisfy clients needs and delivering a consistent customer service experience.
- Maintaining credit quality and profitability of customer relationships.
- Monitoring all accounts to ensure the Bank's security position remains within guidelines, all conditions are met, and timely action has been taken with sundry maintenance items such as maturity dates and annual reviews.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Contributes to the development and profitable growth of the real estate portfolio by:
- Preparing credit applications, annual reviews, client communication, in support of income property lending on multi-unit residential and commercial properties, and construction financing to builders and developers.
- Preparing credit presentations that are concisely written and structured in accordance with Bank standards and completed in a timely fashion.
- Performing due diligence in evaluating information to ensure the major issues and inherent risks that are critical to a sound credit decision have been identified and material facts verified.
- Properly evaluating risk by thoroughly considering the strengths of and major issues relating to the project, the experience and worth of the proponent, and cash flow and asset cover (including alternate sources of repayment).
- Provides effective account management and safeguard the Bank's assets and liabilities by:
- Acquiring and maintain a sound knowledge of the Bank's policies and procedures.
- Ensuring all compliance policies are followed including the Bank's KYC guidelines.
- Following the Bank's AML program and Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Remaining well informed on business conditions and the real estate industry generally.
- Being decisive by fully understanding the credit transaction, including the risk involved, and making clear and independent recommendations on all credit applications or loan actions.
- Recognizing problem accounts at an early stage and taking appropriate action to protect the Bank's interest by implementing an action plan to correct the situation or exit the loan as appropriate.
- Ensuring customer defects for both business and collateral documentation are kept to a minimum, and promptly taking action to correct or resolve any defects identified.
- Tracking and responding quickly to navigate trends identified, including the re-assessment of IG code ratings as appropriate.
- Delivers a consistent customer service experience by:
- Acquiring and maintain a sound knowledge of the Bank's products and services.
- Actively seeking customer feedback on Bank products and the delivery of customer service.
- Ensuring high service standards are maintained, including meeting deadlines on customer requests.
- Having a sound knowledge and understanding of the Borrower's past performance and the variables that will impact on future results.
- Support the business development activities of the Bank by:
- Taking a positive approach to business and identifying new business opportunities with proper focus on profitability and risk.
- Assisting the Director & Group Lead by researching, preparing and conducting sales calls the site visits.
- Monitoring customers' needs and cross-selling Bank services.
- Identifying and referring sales opportunities to other departments in the Bank, including Global Banking & Payments, Private Banking, Commercial and Retail Banking, and Global Banking & Markets.
- Maintaining an ongoing pipeline of business, including customers and active prospects.
- Establishing and maintaining effective external contacts.
- Support the Real Estate Banking team's activities by:
- Managing a team of Associates and Credit Solutions Analysts (based on the assigned market and portfolio).
- Coaching team to be customer focused and performance-oriented.
- Demonstrating a team-oriented approach through a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
- Earning respect from and demonstrating respect for others.
- Maintaining effective, open communication and an atmosphere conducive to teamwork and success.
- Displaying proper attention to training and development of self.
- Understands how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Education / Experience / Other Information (include only those that are specific to the role:
- Portfolio size: 10-20 borrowing accounts and up to 50 non-borrowing accounts.
- Education : Bachelor's degree in Business, Commerce or Economics.
- Experience : Previous commercial credit or real estate lending experience preferred but not mandatory.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential to this position. The Account Manager must be able to effectively articulate views both within the Bank and externally in the marketplace.
- Work in a standard office-based environment with some travel to client premises and site visits. A driver's license is mandatory.
- Customer demands are constant and unpredictable, and deadlines are often imposed by client needs. Frequent interruptions, ad hoc requests, and unplanned operating issues, along with constantly changing priorities, contribute to the high demands placed on the Account Manager.
- Non-standard hours are a common occurrence.
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Calgary
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Real Estate, Bank, Banking, Realtor, Manager, Sales, Finance, Management
Banking, Finance and Insurance Real Estate