Associate, Diversified Industries, Corporate Finance
Reference ID: 1900011771
The Associate will be a key member of a 3 person deal team in Corporate Finance, Diversified Industries - a team that includes a Senior Account Manager and Senior Relationship Manager. The Associate will be responsible for the quarterly assessment of complex Financial Statements and accountable to perform all regular monitoring activities including: required monthly and quarterly monitoring (primarily margin/borrowing base and covenant tests, current asset, margin & financial trending) to support and maintain compliance within the portfolio. The Associate will support the team in making recommendations regarding risk, deal structure, client requirements; and, by analyzing financial and operating data for trends in financial performance of companies and industries. The Associate will perform due diligence and credit analysis of current and perspective clients. The Associate will further support the Senior Account Manager with ongoing portfolio management needs and will be directly involved in the credit underwriting process. The Associate will participate in client calls and site visits.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
Credit Risk and Financial Analysis
• Research and analyze financial and operating information related to companies and industries to assess credit risk of present and potential client exposures.
• Perform Financial Statement analysis including completion of financial statement spreading within Moody's Risk Analysis (MRA) software to facilitate risk rating of the entity and test compliance with financial covenants.
• Perform risk rating calculations to complete risk assessment.
• Assist with set up of the borrower screens within RRT (Risk Rating Tool) to create master record of risk rating and loan exposure information which will transfer to Basel Data mart & reporting to regulators (OSFI).
• Assist with the creation of cash flow models that are used to assess financial soundness including appropriate debt covenant levels, debt service and repayment capabilities, and to structure the appropriate financings.
• Assist with due diligence and credit analysis on new and existing relationships to complete steps needed to proceed to funding new loans and to monitor existing exposures.
• Assist in the preparation of the initial workup for assigned interim applications and memoranda, quarterly compliance, temporary credit applications including identification of issues and related recommendations and annual reviews to support completion of credit applications.
• Through analysis, identify new sales opportunities for prospects and existing commercial clients.
• Review credit documentation for conformity with approved Credit Terms and conditions
• Spread financial statements and undertake trend analysis of receivables, inventories, payables, margin/borrowing base and covenants to monitor and control client credit facilities.
• Provide analytical findings to Account Management Team including input on credit risks and related mitigants to client credit exposure and credit applications.
• Support Senior Account Managers on portfolio management needs for the business.
• Adhere to Commercial lending processes, policies and procedures, legal and ethical requirements and regulations, audit requirements, and established risk guidelines.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Commercial products, processes, and relevant legal, regulatory and technology requirements through audits and quality checks, to ensure decisions are adequately documented, and clearly communicated.
The Associate will directly support Senior Relationship Managers and Senior Account Managers with the preparation of new and existing credit transactions in a timely and efficient manner.
The Associate may also interact with the following groups:
• Work with company Treasurer (or equivalent role) to obtain and/or clarify financial reporting and related information.
• To provide information and clarification on analysis in efforts to obtain concurrence.
Other Corporate Finance Lines of Business
• Work with Corporate Finance business groups (Asset Based Lending, BMOCP, M&A, Cash Management) to provide analysis and clarify financial related information that will be used by these groups in client interactions and relationship building and identification of cross sell opportunities.
• 3-5 years commercial experience
• Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
• Expertise in financial computer applications and database management tools including MS Excel, other Microsoft Office Products and the Internet
• Highly skilled in building financial models
• Strong interpersonal skills used within a demanding team environment.
• Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and timelines
• Excellent capability to independently function as part of a team through self-motivation.
• Ability to interact effectively with customers; internally and externally
• An graduate degree/CA/CGA/CFA or comparable with outstanding academic achievement
• A strong working knowledge of finance, accounting, economics
• In-depth understanding of commercial products, commercial loan documentation, commercial lending and supporting processes.
We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Posted: June 22, 2019
Closes: August 21, 2019