We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description
Preference will be given to FSRs and SFSRs applying from this location and from other locations within the Community.What You'll Be Doing
As a member of the Personal and Business Banking team, you'll work in a fast-paced Banking Centre where you'll have a meaningful difference on the lives of our clients. As an Associate Financial Advisor, you'll form a deep understanding of your personal and small business clients' needs as you recommend simple, personalized solutions that will help them achieve their financial goals. You'll manage, either individually or as part of a team, a portfolio of mortgage clients where the focus is on deepening the client relationship. You're flexible to work our banking centre hours which may include evenings and weekends. To help deliver a great client experience, you're flexible to work at multiple banking centres within a reasonable travel distance.How You'll Succeed
- Client Engagement - Meet with clients to understand their personal and business priorities, advise them on solutions, and provide a forward-looking financial plan. Ensure clients' investment, financial and credit related needs are met by providing a comprehensive retail banking offer or by making a formal introduction to the appropriate Imperial Service and Business Banking colleagues.
Who You Are
- Relationship Building - Engage in marketing and outreach activities to show clients you value them and their communities. Grow your network, deepen existing relationships, and work as one team to ensure clients are connected to the right people and opportunities.
- Business Development - Create relationships by networking with clients' families and friends to uncover opportunities and refer to appropriate partners. Call both existing and potential clients to identify opportunities for future growth and revenue. Engage in community and banking centre events such as business development events, client acknowledgement programs and client appreciation day to create and enhance CIBC presence and gain market share
- Leveraging Technology - Become a technology expert. Share your knowledge by introducing clients to our mobile banking applications, helping them to better manage their banking needs.
What CIBC Offers
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- You're goal oriented. You're motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make a difference
- You know that details matter. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You connect with others through respect and authenticity
- You love to learn. You're passionate about growing your knowledge. You have a strong sense of curiosity.
- You can demonstrate 2 - 3 years experience in providing financial advice to clients and achieving sales results through advice-based conversations.
- You're a certified professional. You have current accreditation and good standing in Mutual Funds License (Canadian Securities Course or Investment Funds in Canada). It's an asset if you have current accreditation and good standing in CFSA (Certificate of Financial Services Advice)
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You'll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone's unique talents, and empowers teams to do what's right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
What you need to know
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect : Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Calgary-Crowfoot Village Employment Type