Requisition ID: 110779
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Be part of a company that pay careful attention to the areas where we feel we can have the biggest impact.....
In this role you will contribute to the overall success of the Commercial Bank in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, and initiatives are executed/delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. You will ensure all activities conducted are following governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Is this role right for you?
- Within this role you would provide advice and counsel to Senior Client Relationship Manager(s) and Client Relationship Manager(s) in Mid-Market - on the presentation of credit proposals. This includes coaching, prompt feedback and sound guidance on structuring deals.
- You would provide suggestions on restructuring marginal proposals into bankable deals where possible. The role is not to underwrite the deals but to provide suggestions on appropriate structuring and a review of applications to ensure underwriting requirements are met and applications are completed in an accurate fashion.
- Ensure the ongoing quality of the credit portfolio - providing oversight to the team on various aspects such as early identification of problem loans, appropriateness of risk ratings, timeliness of annual reviews and reporting requirements and adherence to credit requirements. Responsibilities will be to ensure accounts (both borrowing and non- borrowing customers) are properly and continually managed, monitored and reviewed to adhere to criteria laid down by the Bank's adjudicating, auditing and compliance groups. Challenges along with recommended solutions are to be provided to the Director and Group Lead and to the VP.
- You would manage the Client Service Associate(s) team in Mid-Market - provide timely performance feedback and developing the skills of the team through coaching and guidance.
- You will train on credit and operational skills - assist in delivery of various training programs as requested to ensure continual learning opportunities for the team.
- Support the Group Lead and Director in their absence as necessary - for the continual smooth operation of the Team.
- Contributing to business development opportunities - by identifying and recommending referral opportunities and possible cross sell options to the Sr. and Client Relationship Manger(s) in Mid-Market and ensuring similar support by direct reports.
- Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if:
- University Degree with Business background - MBA or professional designation preferred.
- Experienced lender with strong overall credit and selling skills.
- Superior coaching and management skills.
- Strong knowledge of credit structures and applicable risk management.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Good negotiation and problem resolution skills and excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Strong regulatory and compliance knowledge.
- Good knowledge of Commercial Banking Distribution structure as well as role of other groups within Commercial Banking.
- Good knowledge of competitor offerings, alternative sources of financing and industry knowledge.
- You would be a champion around customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- A champion managing a high-performance environment and contributing to an inclusive work environment.
- This role reports into the Director and Group Lead, Commercial Distribution with a dotted line to the Executive Office in Toronto.
- Direct reports of a team of Client Service Associate(s), Mid-Market. Manages typically a team of four to eight Client Service Associate(s).
- Working closely with six to 12 Sr./Client Relationship Manager(s) in Mid-Market.
- The opportunity to work on credit size is from approximately $1 to $25MM with deal complexity moderate to high.
- The environment is fast paced and demanding and will at times require priorities be re-adjusted to accommodate urgent requests.
Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Limited travel domestically.
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Calgary
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Underwriter, Developer, Law, Finance, Insurance, Technology, Legal
Banking, Finance and Insurance