Permanent Reference code
:117162 Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary, AB; Montreal, QC Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching.
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems.
Deloitte Legal Canada LLP ("Deloitte Legal") is seeking a tax associate to join our growing tax disputes and litigation practice in our Calgary office. The successful candidate will work with our team of tax litigators on a broad range of tax dispute matters, covering all aspects of tax litigation and dispute resolution.About the team
Deloitte Legal is a national law firm with offices in Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver, and Calgary. Our firm was founded as a boutique firm serving clients exclusively in the area of Tax Law. While Deloitte Legal has grown into a multi-service law firm, tax law continues to be our largest practice. We act for a wide range of clients, including multinational enterprises and high net-worth individuals, and are frequently engaged on complex and pioneering cases. Our tax litigators have diverse professional backgrounds and work collaboratively to provide our clients with the highest quality of service.
We act as trusted, agile, business-savvy advisors empowering clients to achieve their business goals. We have the privilege of being affiliated with Deloitte, a world-renowned professional services firm, and being able to collaborate with other entities of the group worldwide. Enough about us, let's talk about you
Your experience and education
• You have at least a minimum of 1-4 years of relevant tax law and dispute resolution experience at a recognized national or local law firm;
• A LLM in Taxation and/or the CPA In-Depth course would be an asset but not a requirement;
• Strong academic record. Participation in a tax moot would be an asset, but not a requirement;
• Exceptional client service, interpersonal and communication skills, strong organizational abilities, and a willingness to learn and take initiative;
• You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with remarkable attention to detail; and
• You have effective time management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple engagements with competing deadlines.Our shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Law, Developer, QC, Accounting, Equity, Legal, Technology, Quality, Finance
Management and Executive