EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
Corporate Finance Strategy (EY Parthenon) is EY's executive strategy practice. The team helps companies, private equity firms and governments better understand and identify their strategic objectives, assess how their current portfolio / commercial framework supports these objectives, identify what actions to take to optimize their business and to implement these actions.
The Energy Corporate Finance Strategy team serves companies, private equity firms and governments in the Energy Sector. Energy covers Oil, Gas & LNG (upstream, midstream, downstream, trading, petrochemicals) and Power & Utilities (including renewables). The Canadian Practice is tightly integrated with the Global EY Parthenon organization and EY's Global Oil & Gas and Global Power & Utility network of over 12,000 EY professionals. We bring the power of our deep global and local insights and relationships and an informed, current perspective. Our strategic consulting is grounded in a technical quantitative and structured qualitative foundation. Responsibilities
We are looking for a strong candidate to join as an Associate
in the Canadian Energy Corporate Finance Strategy (EY Parthenon) team. This position will be based in Calgary reporting to the Canadian Corporate Finance Strategy (EY Parthenon) Energy Leader. It will fill an integral role that involves working closely with other members of the rapidly growing Americas Corporate Finance Strategy (EY Parthenon) team to deliver a variety of engagements.
We are looking for someone who can:
• Responsible for developing work plans, designing and conducting analyses, synthesizing conclusions, and managing team members
• Serve as primary contacts for our clients, identify and solve client issues
• Assess attractiveness of potential targets, turning around underperforming institutions, reducing costs via operational/organizational improvements and implementing changes
• Support client relationship management while executing projects, delivering a high degree of client satisfaction with the engagement process
• Generate new business opportunities and develop long term relationships and network internally and externally.
for this position include:
• Engineering, Finance or Commerce undergrad (MBA an asset)
• Consulting experience
• Strong technical (engineering) grounding
• Financial modeling experience
• Natural resources (oil, gas, LNG, mining, renewables) experience
• Appetite to network
• Strong data analytics & visualization capabilities
Candidates must have:
• Undergraduate degree (Business or Engineering); MBA/Master's degree an asset EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
• Professional services and/or consulting engagement delivery experience with at least 5 years of related work experience
• Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong strategic thinking and deductive reasoning skills
• Personable with strong client facing and presentation skills, strategic thinker and deductive reasoner
• Effective organization and time management skills with ability to work under demanding environment, overtime and adhere to project deadlines
• A strong work initiative, high energy level and the ability to adapt to new challenges
• Self driven, motivated, invested in building your skills and constant appetite to learn more
• Strong analytical and financial modelling skills (i.e. Excel) and visualization skills (i.e. Tableau, Power BI) preferred
• Able to conduct detailed analysis (using both client data and external information) on products, markets, competitors and customers to identify risks and opportunities
• Strong aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis and the ability to link business strategy to performance
• Willing and able to learn and work independently with minimal supervision
• Flexibility to travel regionally or globally up to 80% depending on client and base location