The Associate is a key member of the Canadian Commercial Business team. The Associate Grade 6 role will act as an additional resource to the existing 3 person deal teams in Canadian Commercial Banking - deal teams include an Associate Grade 7, a Senior Account Manager and Senior Relationship Manager. The Associate Grade 6 will be considered a development position for the Grade 7 deal team role. The subject position will be assigned responsibilities by the Managing Director & Team Lead and will include analyzing financial and operating data for trends in financial performance of companies and industries, monitoring activities including: required monthly and quarterly monitoring (primarily margin/borrowing base and covenant tests, current asset, margin & financial trending) to assist and support the deal teams in maintaining compliance within the Canadian Commercial Banking portfolio. The Associate will also assist with setting up margin cards, creating security listings for new accounts and transfers to/from other Bank divisions.
A. Credit Risk and Financial Analysis 50%
B. Portfolio Management Support 50% A. Credit Risk and Financial Analysis
• Assist with research and analysis of financial and operating information related to companies and industries to assess credit risk of present and potential client exposures.
• Assist with Financial Statement analysis including completion of financial statement spreading within Moody's Risk Analysis (MRA) software to facilitate risk rating of the entity and test compliance with financial covenants.
• Assist with risk rating calculations to complete risk assessment.
• Assist with due diligence and credit analysis on new and existing relationships to complete steps needed to proceed to funding new loans and to monitor existing exposures. B. Portfolio Management
• Assist with spreading financial statements and undertaking trend analysis of receivables, inventories, payables, margin/borrowing base and covenants to monitor and control client credit facilities.
• Provide analytical findings to Account Management Team including input on credit risks and related mitigants to client credit exposure and credit applications.
• Adhere to Commercial lending processes, policies and procedures, legal and ethical requirements and regulations, audit requirements, and established risk guidelines.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Commercial products, processes, and relevant legal, regulatory and technology requirements through audits and quality checks, to ensure decisions are adequately documented, and clearly communicated.
Business Acumen (Working)
Business Valuation (In-depth)
Conflict Management & Resolution (In-depth)
Environmental Understanding (In-depth)
Financial Understanding (In-depth)
Problem Solving (In-depth)
Relationship Management( In-depth)
Risk Management (In-depth)
Sales & Service Processes (In-depth)
Strategic Business Planning (Working)
• An undergraduate or graduate degree with outstanding academic achievement Successful completion of Credit 100 and Credit 200
• Credit qualification at working level with minimum commercial approval discretionary limit of $300M.
• Credit analysis training and experience
We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com/ .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.