At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
KPMG's Deal Advisory Services group seeking professionals at the Associate level to join our growing Edmonton practice. We offer independent financial advisory, valuation and investment banking services to private and public companies. Through KPMG Corporate Finance Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of KPMG LLP and the OSC regulated limited market dealer through which KPMG LLP's investment banking services are provided in Canada, KPMG's corporate finance services include acquisition, divestiture advisory, financing services including raising debt and equity capital, valuation/pricing analysis and due diligence support. The successful candidate will participate in a wide range of Corporate Finance assignments involving local, national and international clients of the firm. What you will do
Working in multi-disciplinary teams, you will apply your professional and technical skills on a wide variety of transactions and at different stages of the transaction process.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Conduct financial analysis and valuation/pricing analysis (including development of complex financial models) of companies in a variety of industries.
- Assist in identification of potential acquisition targets, purchasers and/or investors, as applicable.
- Assist with preparation of distribution of Investment Profiles and other key documents.
- Communicate directly with clients, other advisors, and adversaries.
- Assist with proactive business development and deal initiation activities.
- Provide analytical and market research information (i.e. public company pricing multiples, industry research, etc.).
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strength in the following key areas:
Keys to your success:
- Successful completion of the CA/CPA examination process, or similar qualifications (e.g. MBA, CFA, LLB).
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, writing and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Interest in learning about and working with valuation concepts and techniques, such as discounted cash flow, earnings multiples, comparable research, WACC and CAPM, and enrolling in the CBV program.
- Proficiency in working with Excel, PowerPoint and MS-Word and ability to learn to work with new applications.
- Highly motivated, achievement-oriented, committed, self-starter and ability to prioritize work/cope with changing priorities while working independently and with a team.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.