We currently have an excellent career opportunity for a Tax Litigation Associate . Our award-winning tax litigation team offers a powerful combination of legal knowledge, experience and national presence to help our clients successfully navigate the complexities of Canada's tax laws. Our team has been ranked among Canada's best and a number of our lawyers are widely regarded as leading practitioners and authorities in various areas of tax law and tax litigation.
You'll be part of a team with a wide variety of experiences in a supportive environment. Your key responsibilities
As a Tax Litigation Associate, you will be involved with all aspects of tax litigation as well as in providing legal opinions on complex issues.
• Assisting clients in responding to federal and provincial audits; preparing voluntary disclosures; advising clients on the tax dispute resolution process; preparing notices of objection and written representations to the federal and provincial tax appeals divisions; and assisting with litigation of tax appeals before various federal and provincial courts. • This role also includes assisting with the preparation of legal opinions with respect to the tax consequences of transactions, as well as litigation risk. Skills and attributes for success
• Strong verbal and written communication skills • Superior academic credentials and excellent research skills To qualify for the role you must have
• Three to five years of tax litigation and controversy experience gained at a leading law firm • Membership in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario. Ideally, you'll also have
• A high level of motivation, strong work ethic and self-starting attitude. • Bilingual language skills (English and French) are an asset What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent research skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident team player who collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization. What working at EY Law offers
At EY Law, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you to decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer: Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry • Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career • The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you About EY Law
EY Law is a national law firm affiliated with EY in Canada, specializing in tax law services, business immigration services and business law services.
EY Law together with EY are applying their expertise to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional experience we offer lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make your mark. Apply today
. EY Law is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.