Assurance, Senior Staff
Reference ID: EDM000BK
From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You'll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities. You won't find an assurance culture like this anywhere else, so whether you're looking for a long-term, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be.
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate for an excellent career opportunity as an Assurance Senior. EY's commitment to the quality and integrity of our audits is exemplified by our global audit methodology and our thorough quality controls that are applied to every client engagement. Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources for our audit professionals you will be part of the team that delivers quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities
As an Assurance Senior, you will deliver quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders. You'll develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel and assess clients' satisfaction and proactively maintain contact with the client throughout the year.
Skills and attributes for success
• Direct fieldwork daily, inform supervisors of the engagement status, and manage staff performance.
• Adapt the audit approach to the changing client environment.
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex accounting and auditing concepts and apply them to client situations.
• Develop people through effectively delegating tasks and providing guidance to staff. Provide performance feedback and training, and conduct performance reviews.
• Foster an efficient, innovative, and team-oriented work environment. Contribute ideas/opinions to the audit teams and listen/respond to other team members' views.
• Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
• Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills. Develop an understanding of EY's service lines and actively seek/encourage team members to contribute ideas and identify opportunities to apply the firm's services.
To qualify for the role you must have
• An undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting, business or finance
• Successfully passed the Canadian CFE and / or possess a Canadian CPA/CA designation, or possess a reciprocal CPA/CA designation recognized with the CPA
• A minimum of 2 years of experience working as an auditor for a public accounting firm
• Excellent project management skills, advanced written and verbal communication skills
• A dedication to teamwork and leadership
• Integrity within a professional environment
Ideally, you'll also have
• The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: December 13, 2018
Closes: February 11, 2019