The Jim Pattison Auto Group has 25 locations and 12 brands in Western Canada. We are continually expanding and acquiring new locations and brands while improving our market share.
The Jim Pattison Auto Group’s relentless commitment to customer satisfaction has allowed us to grow into one of Canada’s largest companies. We encourage career growth and personal development within our company. We are looking for individuals who can contribute to our business operations today and our future growth. We encourage those with the required experience and interest to apply.
The Jim Pattison Auto Group has a new opportunity for an Automotive Service Technician to join our team!
Reporting to the Service Manager, you will be passionate about providing exceptional vehicle maintenance and have a results oriented outlook on all maintenance or repair work. As an Automotive Service Technician for our premium brand, high volume location you must be self-motivated, high energy, dynamic and results-oriented with a proven track record of vehicle service excellence.
Our Automotive Service Technician is responsible for offering a consultative, results oriented approach to vehicle repairs by performing the following duties:
- Performing the work described in the work orders efficiently and accurately, based on the dealership and manufacturer standards.
- Determining the cause of any defect and repairs it. Detects the defects in the vehicle, based on the customer’s complaints and his/her own inspection.
- Contacting the parts department to obtain the necessary parts. Stores and labels parts, if the work is under warranty or if the customer asks that this be done.
- Examining the vehicle assigned to him/her, to determine if additional safety or maintenance work is necessary.
- Notifying the Service Advisor and/or the foreman, as soon as possible, if additional work is required, if the work described is unnecessary or if the repairs cannot be done by the expected time.
- Reporting any defective or poorly functioning equipment to his/her immediate supervisor.
- Ensuring that the customers’ vehicles are clean. Reports any incident which may affect the appearance or condition of a vehicle to the Service Advisor as soon as possible.
- Ensuring that the shop is clean and tidy.
- Maintaining all the tools and manuals belonging to the dealership and takes responsibility for them; returns them to the proper location, in the same condition as when they were received.
- Documenting all work performed and recommended on the work order.
- Participating in training programs and attends school and events sponsored by the manufacturer.
- Keeping up-to-date on the manufacturer’s technical bulletins.
- Supervising the work of the apprentice technicians, as requested.
- Keeping abreast of federal and provincial regulations and municipal bylaws governing the removal of hazardous waste, safety, etc.; understands and observes them.
- Reporting to management any situation or condition that jeopardizes the safety, welfare or integrity of the dealership.
- Taking part in shop meetings.
- Performing other duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years Automotive Service Technician experience, preferably in import automotive products.
- Minimum 5 years of general mechanical experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Red Seal required.
- Experience using DMS software such as CDK, Reynolds and Reynolds or PBS
- Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy, sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues effectively and efficiently.
- Knowledge of rules surrounding automotive safety, best practices and consumer protection.
- Excellent organizational and realistic time management skills.
- Ability to work well in a team and on own initiative.
- Confident working under pressure and able to prioritize work for self and others.
- Clear, concise and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deal diplomatically with concerns and diffuse potentially difficult situations.
- Driver’s license in good standing and clean driver’s abstract required.
- Ability to drive both manual and automatic transmissions.
Performance and Professional Competencies:
- Problem Solving
- Priority Setting
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Ethics and Values
Commitment to Equity:
The Jim Pattison Auto Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. It is our hiring policy to recruit and select the best applicant for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the position, without regard to race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Our relentless commitment to customer satisfaction has allowed us to grow into one of Canada’s largest and most competitive automotive groups. We stand not only for our client’s complete satisfaction, but also for the satisfaction of our employees. As our enterprise grows we look to our employees to grow with us. We are committed to education, career development and integrity. This is what makes the Jim Pattison Auto Group a great place to work.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted: December 11, 2017
Closes:February 9, 2018