Company: Number of Openings:
Reporting to the Mining Technology Supervisor, the Autonomy Truck Specialist is responsible for supporting the operations and maintenance of the hardware required for Caterpillar MineStar products.
The onsite based Autonomy Truck Specialist will also be responsible for developing Finning Canada's capabilities by assisting with customer installations (technical guidance), providing product support, troubleshooting, providing training/mentorship and interfacing with Caterpillar and partner channels to develop new products and resolve issues. This role is primarily machine focused, onboard hardware and software, however, will interface with all Autonomous Haulage System and other related MineStar Products.
This role will be a site-based position, there will be a rotation as per the guidance of the mine operator.
We look forward to you joining our team!Job Description:
- Proactively review and interpret Health Data information to determine the impact on productivity and safe operations and identify methods to prevent future occurrences
- Ensure AHS component/systems metric and KPI's are achieved by working in the field with technicians and Caterpillar remote support to resolve issues that are negatively affecting production
- Create ad new machines in Terrain/MCU/Minestar and work with technicians to commission new equipment
- Ensure software deployments are completed in an efficient manner and within the time guidelines per the Software and Configuration management best practice
- Coach onsite personnel on how to properly diagnose and resolve issues as well as create best practices to resolve recurring issues or standardized tasks
- Update Maintenance Strategy Reference document when hardware updates are released
- Ensure that PM checklists and intervals for maintenance are being followed and are effective for preventative maintenance to the Autonomous system.
- Post-secondary education in Engineering is preferred (Mining, Mechanical, civil, chemical geological informatics or related) or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of previous experience in a related position
- Solid understanding of GPS/GNSS networking principles including design and function
- Knowledge of LIDAR and Radar GPS
- Knowledge of Control and Guidance Systems
- Microsoft Project, Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
- Mine Dispatch System and mining equipment experience is an asset
- CAD/CAM, Vulcan, Deswik, RPMGlobal, or other Mine Engineering software experience
- Minimum of 1 year of open pit mining experience
- Rotational travel required
Automation in mining has expanded dramatically in the last decade. But the building blocks to get there started being put together long ago with Caterpillar's first autonomy program over 30 years ago. Today, Caterpillar has automation offerings for both surface and underground mining.
Finning, the largest Caterpillar dealer worldwide, and a leader in the mining world is partnered with Caterpillar to innovate, evolve and expand autonomous mining offerings that will positively impact the customer experience. At Finning we will continue to invest in cutting edge training for our employees to ensure they are apprised of new developments in the autonomous technology for our customers benefit.
This game changing development has translated into new employment opportunities at Finning for mining professionals who are digitally literate, along with having strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively and critically. The timing could not be better to join Finning as automation in the mining world evolves and to embrace a new career path.
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.