BAND 3 - Senior Manager, Strategic Initiatives
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Nanaimo, BC V9T 6L8 CA
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
$80,800.00 - $114,400.02 annually
Temporary Assignment (TA)
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Children & Family Development
Ministry Branch / Division
Strategic Initiatives Branch/Strategic Integration, Policy and Legislation Division
Job Summary Bring your vision, leadership, and strategic planning skills to this important role
The Strategic Integration, Policy and Legislation Division of the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) is responsible for research, engagement and development of legislation, policy and procedures; work which both guides day- to-day operations and the investments required for transformational change.
The Senior Manager will lead and direct the development, implementation and evaluation of major long-term projects that involves overseeing sub-projects and/or multiple delivery components. Projects are taken from original concept through final completion and require strong partner engagement and facilitation with senior leaders across government, Indigenous partners, those with lived expertise in the child welfare system and other involved groups.Job Requirements:
- Degree in social sector, business administration, public administration, or a related field;
- OR an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- NOTE: If your degree was obtained outside of Canada, you need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through the International Credential Evaluation Services (ICES).
Recent Experience must include 3 or more years in any of the following:
- Experience managing or leading large-scale initiatives.
- Experience at a senior level leading major projects of large scale and complexity that have multiple project delivery components.
- Experience establishing collaborative relationships with community sector partners, Indigenous partners and leading organizational change associated with implementation.
- Experience leading and coaching multi-disciplinary teams and/or staff in the development and implementation of complex projects.
- Experience in business planning, contract management, financial management, and negotiations.
- Experience building and maintaining strategic relationships with internal and external partners.
- Experience developing and providing strong written and verbal advice to Senior Executives.
Preference may be given to candidates with any of the following:
- Experience with internal Ministry leads, Indigenous Child and Family Service agencies, Indigenous partners and community organizations.
- Experience with youth from diverse background.
- Travel is a requirement for this position (e.g. training, meetings, engagements).
For questions regarding this position, please contact email@example.com
.About this Position:
This position is excluded from union membership.
This is a temporary opportunity until March 29, 2024.A permanent appointment may result from this temporary appointment.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
or 778-405-3452.How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO -
Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES -
A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) -
You will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Leadership and Management, Social Services
Management and Executive