BAND 4 - Director, Export Service & International Missions Position Classification
Band 4 Union
Multiple Locations, BC CA
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$92,700.24 - $123,200.20 annually Close Date
5/26/2022 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Jobs, Economic Recovery & Inn Ministry Branch / Division
International Trade and Investment Operations Branch Job Summary Director, Export Service & International Missions
Management Band 4
This position can be performed in either Vancouver or Victoria.
This position is excluded from union membership.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .Provide leadership, supervision and training in a dynamic and changing environment
Working with clients, potential investors, stakeholders, industry and government, the Ministry's International Trade and Investment Operations Branch provides integrated trade and investment promotion programs to help BC increase exports, attract investment, develop international partnerships, and grow BC's industries. The Division focuses on driving sustainable economic development in alignment with Government priorities.
The Director, Export Services and International Missions leads and directs development of strategic plans and initiatives to drive export development to support trade, investment and government relations objectives. This position collaborates in leading the development and implementation of the Province's Trade Diversification Strategy across government and external partners, ensuring B.C. is effectively positioned as a preferred destination for trade and investment internationally.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact William.Hoyle@gov.bc.ca . DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
.For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree in Commerce, Economics, Business Administration, Public Administration, or a related field. Preference will be given to a Master's degree.
A minimum of five years of recent experience in the last ten years in all of the following:
- Experience in a senior management role leading new business development projects and/or business transformation projects involving a diverse range of project portfolios.
- Strong client management experience and customer service orientation.
- Experience establishing collaborative relationships with senior leaders in government and business.
- Experience in contract management and/or financial management.
- Providing advice to senior government officials with regards to complex issues and recommending appropriate solutions and strategies.
- Management of staff, contractors and/or project teams.
- Strategy development, international business development, economic development, or sector development.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- International Trade experience.
- International missions and events management experience, specifically with the provincial and/or federal government.
- Experience in the Natural Resources Sector, Economy Sector Ministries or private sector.
- Direct experience working with the Federal government.
- Additional years of experience in any of the above statements.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: YES
- Acover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process. Please limit your cover letter to one (1) page.Resume: YES -
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying. Please limit your resume to two (2) pages.Questionnaire: YES -
You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.Job Category
Leadership and Management
Management and Executive