T/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a BI Developer - Intermediate to join our client in Calgary, AB.
Why work with our client?
- An enterprise private sector client that offers long term contract opportunities
- Currently in the midst of a major Digital IT Transformation
- Exposure to some of the largest and most complex IT projects in BC
- An opportunity to work alongside Vancouver's top IT Consultants
- An environment that will be implementing the Cloud, DevOps, and Machine Learning.
- Central location that is transit accessible
- Works with Business Stakeholders on the identification of information needs and the development of analytical dashboards in Power BI. Skills in rapid proto-typing to increase end-user and stakeholder involvement is key.
- Responsible for the continuous up-keep of Technical Solution Documents.?
- Responsible for design and maintenance of analytical databases, multi-dimensional and tabular models.
- Responsible for establishing and ensuring best practices for ETL workflow from identified source systems.
- Continuously improves and enforces Data Governance, Tools and Standards for use throughout the enterprise, while seeking alignment of BI & Analytics Enterprise.
- Continuously looking for new opportunities to optimize business decisions through analytics and statistical modeling.
- Works collaboratively with various Digital Systems’ teams to deliver a stable and highly available analytics’ reporting platform.
- Responsible for providing insight and guidance on data security and privacy issues.
Top Skills Required
- Require a Computer Science or related degree. For intermediate BI Dev role 3 to 5 plus years', for senior BI Dev role 5 to 7 plus years’ of related experience in a BI practice for a large corporation.
- Must have advanced level hands-on experience with the Microsoft technology stack (SSAS, SSRS, SQL Server, TSQL, MDX, DAX, Power BI, Power Pivot, Power Query, etc.).
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing data solutions such as data marts, data warehouses in on-premise and/or cloud environments.
- Hands-on experience resolving performance issues using SQL tuning, optimizing physical schema design and indexing scheme, etc.
- Hands-on experience creating multi-dimensional and tabular models.
- Hands-on experience building and deploying reports to either on-premise and/or cloud implementations of Power BI.
- Technically strong, applies methods, techniques & technologies that address data architecture, extraction, transformation, movement, storage, integration and governance of data.?
- Utilizes experience in database concepts, data modeling, data integration including design and architecture.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both technical and non-technical scenarios. This includes presentation skills to senior level management.
- Strong Business Acumen: a large part of the role will be working directly with business streams to meet the organizations’ strategic goals.
- Positive and people-oriented personality that is action-oriented.
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems.
- Knowledge and experience with Azure/Office 365 solutions considered an asset.
- Knowledge of or experience with ML enabled Data Management, Data Lakes and, IOT Integration and Analytics projects considered an asset.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.