You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make.
Let's do this. Overview of the opportunity: Locations- Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Montreal, Toronto is preferred.
The Contract Labour Office's (CLO) mandate is to partner with the business to enable an expedited and customer-centric positive approach to engaging external resources. At the same time, balancing the commercial needs of the business with mitigating risk to the firm. This mandate is achieved by:
What you will do
- Utilizing internal contingent workforce expert practitioners, who continuously expand their skills and remain up-to-date on market intelligence.
- Acting as trusted advisors, to educate, challenge the status quo, and advise the business on creative approaches to find the right solutions.
- Delivering a customer-centric approach to the business and external resources by minimizing administration efforts, anticipating their needs, projecting a 'how can I help you' attitude, and actively collaborating with Hiring Managers to deepen relationships.
Reporting the National Leader of the Contract Labour Office (CLO), the CLO Manager will execute processes and solve challenges related to external resources - during the initial setup, while on contract, and when renewing or departing - for all functions and locations across Canada (the CLO processes 1000+ external resources per year of varying size - from individual to multi-million dollar organizations). The CLO Manager:
- Applies technical expertise to advise, guide, and support Hiring Managers in the engagement of external resources, critical to meeting the needs of their clients/projects.
- Independently works on multifaceted complex cases, escalations, and requests to result in effective and timely resolution:
- With accountabilities for complex contract revisions, comprehensive risk assessments, change management, and managing difficult relationships;
- On matters relating to classification, independence conflicts, Partner-level resources, immigration, taxation, data security, services delivered outside of Canada, federal government security requirements, acquisitions, external-client requested resources, member-firm agreements, offshore resources entering Canada, alliances, contract negotiations, time/expense, agency/staffing firms, and subsidiaries (e.g. ITnet, Egyde); and
- By often partnering with internal subject-matter experts such as the Office of the General Counsel (i.e. Legal), Risk Management, Procurement, ITS Security, Finance, Partnership Matters, and external service providers.
- Under the guidance of the National Leader of the CLO, works on complex and high-risk cases inherent with engaging the contingent workforce, including, but not limited to matters related to external legislative and regulatory compliance (e.g. CRA, ESA, and laws), as well as KPMG Global and KPMG Canada polices and guidelines with respect to engaging third-party resources, independence, tax considerations, immigration, and data security.
The successful candidate would be responsible for, but not limited to:
Case Management (Standard)
- Promote the CLO's internal brand through a customer-centric delivery approach to the business and external resources and by exhibiting attributes of a subject-matter expert and trusted advisor.
- Facilitate intake conversations with Hiring Managers (Partners and Sr. Managers).
- Gather, interpret, and assess information related to the setup and case management of external resources.
- Conduct required due diligence on resources (KPMG history, background checks, independence, business verification, etc.).
- Educate and advise stakeholders on course of action.
- Maintain continuous contact with stakeholders to keep them apprised of progress related to their cases or requests.
- Document and maintain information in shared record-keeping tools to be used as reference data, source information for reporting and analytics, and be utilized for compliance audits.
- Be aware of flags that would deem a case to be 'complex.'
- Collaborate with other members of the team to ensure business needs are met.
Case Management (multifaceted/complex) - comprised of 'Case Management (standard)' above plus the following:
What you bring to the role
- Liaise and consult with various Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to independently manage escalations and complex cases.
- Mediate contract negotiations between multiple parties and stakeholders.
- Draft customized clauses for third-party agreements, including liaising with vendors and the Office of the General Counsel (OGC) for clause amendments.
- Navigate the requirements for unique case complexities: independence conflicts, Partner-level resources, immigration, taxation, data security, services delivered outside of Canada, federal government security requirements, acquisitions, external-client requested resources, member-firm agreements, offshore resources entering Canada, alliances, contract negotiations, time/expense, agencies/staffing firms, and subsidiaries (e.g. ITnet, Egyde).
- Conduct risk classification assessments on resources in direct contractual relationship with the firm, to prevent misclassification risks.
- As programs and processes evolve, support Hiring Managers and external resources with a high-touch change management approach to enable smooth transitions.
- Manage challenging client relationships
- 5+ years' experience dealing with contract labour or a contingent workforce in a case management capacity, with basic knowledge on related matters.
- Previous experience drafting third-party agreements (including staffing/agency agreements), including liaising with multiple parties for clause modifications and negotiations.
- Previous exposure to immigration matters related to resourcing.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, in both English and
- French (bilingualism required)[HKL1] , including ability to influence and confidently deliver messages using simple language or to simplify complex messages.
- Demonstrated ability to act as a trusted advisor, and ability to deal with multiple stakeholders including senior firm members/ Partners, contractors, external service providers, and various subject-matter experts (e.g. legal, tax experts, and risk management).
- Attention to detail and accuracy is paramount.
- Proven ability to work well in a fast paced, highly demanding, team environment, and manage a high volumes of open cases with varying degrees of complexity.
- Organized, and able to manage competing priorities for multiple stakeholders.
- Consistently deliver value to all stakeholders by providing timely, high-quality service and documentation.
- Keen eye for continuous improvement and efficiency, with a strong aptitude for conducting impact analysis assessments.
- Demonstrated success on operational, process driven initiatives.
- Proficient and comfortable with working in multiple technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, especially MS Excel.
- Experience with ServiceNow an asset.
Ability to work virtually and also be available to come into office as needed (post Covid-19), for team and company meetings and events.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process
, please contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3. KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Operations and Logistics