is currently seeking Project Billing Coordinators to join our national Finance Team. The Project Billing Coordinator is responsible for preparing invoices for clients, reviewing inventory and responding to inquiries from Project Managers.
Are you a motivated professional willing to challenge the status quo? This is an amazing entry level opportunity with substantial room for growth in a prosperous, reputable firm.
Flexibility for working hours to cover Western time zones may be requested.Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Set-up and manage billing terms in the system for an assigned portfolio of projects and clients;
- Obtain additional billing details as required to ensure billing accuracy and escalate billing issues and or concerns to the Regional Billing Manager;
- Generate and submit invoice drafts and supporting back-up to Reviewers/Approvers and make revisions as required;
- Prepare and send final invoice packages to Clients within deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy;
- Work closely with other areas of the business (including but not limited to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Project Managers and Project Accountants) as required to promptly address issues and concerns;
- Assess and recommend billing process improvements to the Regional Billing Manager to reduce the amount of time to process and deliver final invoice to Clients;
- Additional duties include reconciliation of billing, data entry, filing, and obtaining/organizing supporting documentation including preparation of reports and spreadsheets as needed;
- Additional tasks as required.
- Completed Post-Secondary Education in Finance or Accounting field;
- Working towards or completion of a professional accounting designation is an asset;
- Entry level opportunity for new grad;
- Previous related billing experience is an asset;
- Strong understanding of accounts receivable, collections and customer service;
- Current eligibility to work in Canada without restrictions;
- Highly driven, committed, organized and flexible with proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet challenging deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Self-motivated and analytical with a strong attention to detail with proven organization and problem-solving skills;
- Capacity to demonstrate tact and diplomacy when dealing with internal and external clients;
- Intermediate skills with MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance