5503 23rd Avenue
Guides, directs, and coaches employees to deliver exceptional service to BMO customers and prospects. Understands the needs of BMO customers or prospects to provide sales and service in the best interests of the customer. Advises customers on products and strategies that meet their financial objectives. Identifies and makes referrals to other business groups. Supports sales and customer service activities to meet strategic customer experience and profitability goals in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and the Bank's policies and processes.
- Fosters a culture aligned to BMO purpose, values and strategy and role models BMO values and behaviours in all that they do.
- Ensures alignment between values and behaviour that fosters diversity and inclusion.
- Regularly connects work to BMO's purpose, sets inspirational goals, defines clear expected outcomes, and ensures clear accountability for follow through.
- Builds interdependent teams that collaborate across functional and operating groups to create the highest value for all stakeholders.
- Attracts, retains, and enables the career development of top talent.
- Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance, coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor performance.
- Creates innovative business development strategies, including collaborating with BMO partners to grow the business and maximize branch revenues, sales, and customer satisfaction, and minimize operating losses.
- Develops and executes a branch business plan to maximize business growth and wallet share and achieve customer retention and acquisition objectives.
- Probes to understand customer personal banking and credit card needs and integrates marketing promotions and programs into customer conversations to provide strategic advice in the best interests of the customer.
- Reviews and continually monitors performance of existing accounts and client relationships.
- Conducts cold calls to prospective customers to develop new customer relationships.
- Develops and maintains a network in the community to enhance the Bank's visibility and builds a strong referral source for new potential business.
- Supports the Bank's community involvement and participates in community activities.
- Maintains a high-touch relationship with key branch customers and prospects within the market.
- Resolves customer related issues using knowledge of bank services, products, and processes.
- Fulfills sales and service activities for the customer in accordance with approved procedures.
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Makes recommendations to senior leaders on strategy and new initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the business/group.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Builds the business plan for the branch.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource requirements and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- Implements, reviews, and revises work plans.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Works with internal stakeholders and colleagues to leverage sales, fulfillment, and referral opportunities to improve share of wallet, acquire new customers, and provide full financial services to customers.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Monitors sales and service performance against plan to identify gaps, issues, and best practices, and develop and implement action plans that close performance gaps and resolve issues.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Communicates goals, plans, and assignments to achieve financial and customer service goals.
- Leads the implementation of new programs, products and processes within the branch.
- Leads the execution of operational programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Coordinates the implementation of national and regional sales and service initiatives.
- Monitors the service request and problem resolution processes for adherence to national standards.
- Provides technical training and support to branch employees to maintain operational and sales effectiveness and recommends improvements.
- Plans and controls unit operating expenses in accordance with forecasts.
- Manages transactional outcomes for customer calls or defers to appropriate internal business groups.
- Resolves complex or unresolved customer situations or escalates to the next higher manager for resolution.
- Maintains current knowledge of personal banking and credit card industries, practices, and trends and integrates into customer conversations.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Maintains the confidentiality of customer and Bank information.
- Identifies and reports suspicious patterns of activity that are suspected to be related to money laundering.
- Complies with all legal and regulatory requirements for the jurisdiction.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous supervisory or management experience.
- Expert knowledge of retail banking products and services.
- Expert knowledge of competitive marketplace and trends in product offerings.
- Expert knowledge of all branch operational processes and policies.
- Expert knowledge of branch technologies, processes, and performance metrics.
- Expert knowledge of applicable regulations, audit standards, and related policies, procedures, and directives.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
People Manager / GestionnaireWe're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Retail