Requisition ID: 97539
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose
Contributes to the overall success of Scotiatrust/ Canadian Wealth ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are client focused and in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.Accountabilities
• Champions a client focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Is a member of the Scotiatrust, National Office team, supporting their Region, located in a Scotiatrust branch.
• Responsible for the execution of all reporting and oversight as it relates to operational risk and account reviews (TARS, CARS, RCARS, PARS, new accounts ) loss reports, complaints, GL reviews, the fee accrual program and risk management reports.
• Creates system queries and reports necessary to facilitate the oversight of Scotiatrust branches located in their region. Participate in on-site review of branch administration to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
• As a key member of Scotiatrust's 1st line of defence, the role uses a risk-based approach, performing monitoring and testing to provide reasonable assurance that the business is in compliance and controls are designed and operating effectively. Monitors key risk controls in fiduciary and agency accounts (such as overdraft reporting, new business acceptance, and stale-dated cheques) and reports and works with management to correct issues of non-compliance or control deficiencies. Assists in identifying opportunities for designing, modifying and implementing improved processes within an effective operations structure which will be based on the service requirements of the trust branches.
• Understands how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions. Limit corporate risk exposure by ensuring that account administration is carried out in compliance with defined policies and procedures and audit standards, including escalation of issues to National Office. A member of the leadership team, the incumbent is a sitting member of the branch's/region Discretionary Powers Council.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
• Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
• Supports team development through coaching focused on risk, regulations and having an audit ready branch.Education / Experience / Other Information
• Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma preferred
• Extensive experience in the Estate and Trust industry
• Knowledge of branch regulations, policies, procedures, operations and functions to ensure branch operates within audit requirements
• Thorough knowledge of regulatory compliance related to Privacy, Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing, Know Your Client requirementsWorking Conditions
• Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Limited travel domestically.
*Please note that this role can be based anywhere in Canada.
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Calgary
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Banking, Branch Manager, Regional Manager, Bank, Technology, Finance, Management