EDMONTON or CALGARY The Opportunity WSP
is currently seeking an Engineering co-op student
to join our Building Performance Team, located in our Calgary or Edmonton offices, for an 8 or 12 month term
, beginning May 2024. The position is well suited to mechanical, electrical and civil engineering students. As a member of the buildings team you will gain valuable exposure to accomplished engineers and have the opportunity work on interesting and challenging projects. You will be part of our vibrant, enthusiastic team, and have the opportunity to help deliver a variety of services related to structural engineering. What you'll do in a day
What you'll bring to WSP
- Be an active member of project teams working on the performance of new and existing buildings, as well as provide advisory services to clients. This includes providing technical support, performing calculations, conducting site inspections, interacting with clients and other professionals and contributing to design reporting.
- Prepare project deliverables, including basic calculations, specifications, field review reports, and technical reports.
- Perform field reviews to review construction details and compliance with the design
- Liaise with other teams in the WSP Buildings team such as electrical, mechanical, structural, project management services and building sciences
- Assist the team in developing various reports and project correspondence
- Help develop and/or improve internal processes and templates
- Other duties as assigned/required
- Entering the third or final year of a Mechanical, Electrical, Sustainability, or Civil Engineering degree co-op program
- Previous co-op or summer work experience in the engineering or construction industry an asset Passionate to learn and gain experience in this dynamic industry. Pro-active solutions driven mentality, who questions and positively disrupts the norms
- Proven ability adapting to changing priorities
- Strong time management and planning skills
- Succinct communicator in daily interactions and in written correspondence
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians