IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a Business Analyst to join our client in Calgary, AB.
Why work with our client?
- An enterprise private sector client that offers long term contract opportunities
- Currently in the midst of a major Digital IT Transformation
- Exposure to some of the largest and most complex IT projects in BC
- An opportunity to work alongside Vancouver's top IT Consultants
- An environment that will be implementing the Cloud, DevOps, and Machine Learning.
- Central location that is transit accessible
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to prioritize requirements and communicate different messages effectively to different audiences.
- Liaison between business, operations, and technology and innovation teams to accurately gather, analyze, document and deliver business requirements including functional and non-functional requirements.
- Perform needs analysis based on business requirements and ensure solutions being proposed by Development (internal and/or external developers) meets the organizational and business goals.
- Participate in all aspects of application delivery activities including, but are not limited to, documentation of business needs, analysis/research of needs, gathering, documenting and updating business requirements and creating, reviewing and validating end to end process maps. and conduct information gathering sessions.
- Adapts to changing business requirements and business needs during active design periods; and is able to keep Requirement Definitions and other documentation updated accordingly.
Top Skills Required
- Bachelor’s or post-graduate degree in Engineering, Business or equivalent.
- Familiarity with Mining or Natural Resources industry is preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools (O365 preferred), SharePoint (Online) and/or PowerBI.
- Excellent analytical capabilities, problem-solving abilities and strong knowledge of business analysis techniques.
- Ability to work comfortably with a high degree of autonomy in an environment of fast paced change and a highly distributed team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective, versatile and action-oriented.
- Working level Spanish would be an asset.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.