Finning International Inc.Number of Openings:
Develop BI software and systems within assigned platforms, working on all phases of development independently. This includes the participating in the requirements definition, analysis, planning, selection, blueprint, design, development and implementation of data warehouse and reporting solutions.
As one of the most skilled members of the team, a BI Analyst III (Senior BI Analyst) is expected to provide guidance and mentorship to less experienced members of the team.Job Description:
- Liaise with users and other stakeholders to prioritize and deliver on BI requirements
- Rapidly prototype solutions using Data prep tools to quickly prove out design and help reduce development time
- Lead the BI technical team over the entire application lifecycle, from ideation to sustainment and/or decommissioning
- Facilitate the governance of BI applications and data, including tasks such as documenting problems, managing changes, coordinating releases, reviewing security, and maintaining metadata assets.
- Creates and drives out insights through analysis of the dashboards and reports that are developed.
- Represent the BI team to gather requirements, deliver solutions, and prioritize inter-departmental requests
- Champion of data story-telling and data visualization best practices, fostering delivery of insights, education and the practice of delivering value from data.
- Develops BI/data products that meet the business need, aligns to data standards established and adheres to best practices.
- Proficient working with different types of BI tools (Tableau, SAP Lumira, Power BI, etc.)
- Minimum 6+ years of in-depth business analysis experience along with extensive experience with data profiling tools and techniques and how they are effectively applied to specific business analysis and data needs.
- Experience coaching and mentoring Jr team members
- 5+ years of translating and simplifying business requirements
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Knowledge of data warehouse, data mart and database technologies, standards, and methodologies
- A solid track record of SQL development experience, including performance tuning
- Post-Secondary education in Computer Information systems, Statistic or technical with a data management focus. CBIP certification or TDWI education preferred.
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.