Finning International Inc.Number of Openings:
•\tThe Business Intelligence (BI) Platform Administrator is responsible for the management, configuration, developer guidance, and on-going support for the business community in Finning's BI Applications.
The (BI) Platform Administrator must have strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills. The team member will have exposure to tool management, data mapping, coding, ETL, metadata and report development. This team member must maintain relationships with the super-users (reporting developers) to understand and deliver their reporting requirements and ensure that they are trained to use the applications in a way that will meet those requirements.Job Description:
- Providing a stable production environment that meets performance needs.
- Resolve production issues in a timely manner including on-call support as needed and maintain audit/security.
- Define and document application best practices, standards, processes and guidelines regarding the use and administration of the BI tools.
- Work with other internal and external resources to plan and manage BI system implementations and upgrades, license management and security.
- Monitor server activity/usage statistics to identify possible performance issues/enhancements
- Collaborate and provide appropriate training and support on the use of BI applications to the user community, DBAs, ETL developers and project teams.
- Manage user permissions and security groups in accordance with data governance policies
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- A minimum 5 years of recent demonstrated experience managing Tableau Server and ideally Power BI as well.
- Knowledge of best practices in data governance, content management and data visualizations
- Operational familiarity in the use of meta-data management, data quality, and data stewardship tools and platforms
- Advanced knowledge and experience of BI Applications such as Power BI and Tableau, including licensing models.
- Experience with change management including software, hardware upgrades, patches
- Expertise in BI platform sizing, troubleshooting, tuning & disaster recovery.
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.