To provide operational support related to cable locate requests following established procedures and standards.
Cable Locate Request Screening
• Respond to client requests received from regional 'One Call Centres' by utilizing business rules to determine if an onsite facility locate Is required
• Verify data, notify findings to clients
• Prepare dispatch notification to engage field forces to perform cable locates
• Contact others and answer queries on related matters
• Prepare reports and verify invoices for accuracy as required
• Assist with system testing as required RESULTS OR OUTCOMES
• Cable locate screening requests are responded to in a timely manner
• Cable locate screening information is provided accurately
• Report preparation and invoice verification are accurate and timely KEY JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Skills & Knowledge
• of cable locate screening procedures and standards
• of outside plant records
• of job related systems and databases
• of common business software applications
• Focus on monitor and fine print data
• To produce and process information related to cable locate screening, invoices, records and dispatch requests
• Normal office environment OTHER:
• Performs other functions as assigned which do not affect the value of the job Qualifications: QUALIFICATIONS:
• K nowledge of buried facility (TELUS or other) infrastructure would be an asset
• Knowledge of construction as it relates to 'Dial Before You Dig' process would be an asset
• Knowledge of rural addressing including understanding of how legal land descriptions work would be an asset
• Demonstrated ability to learn and apply business rules in job function
• Must possess keyboarding skills
• Maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to effectively compile information, analyze data & make sound judgments
• Must possess Personal Computer navigational skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Excel would be an asset
• D emonstrated professional oral and written communications skills (in person and over the phone)
• Fluent in English
• Ability to effectively handle both favorable and unfavorable customer interactions
• Self-motivated, work well with minimal or no direct supervision
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and collaboratively with other departments
• Demonstrated ability to identify problems and situations, take appropriate action, implement solutions or escalate as required
• Maintain a high level of performance under the pressure of time constraints and a fast-paced changing environment
• Demonstrated ability in planning and organizing to meet scheduled deadlines
• Must meet applicable testing requirements Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.